lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2021, 10:32 AM   #1
Aggieland
Not Yet Wild

Default Onward Lithium replacement gears

Hey Fellas! I have been searching for a set of rear end gears for a 2021 Club Car Onward, 4 passenger lifted, lithium Ion cart. Factory It has 16:1 gears and I would like something with a little lower ration to pick up more top end speed. The axle tube says it is a Dana Spicer rear end and the transaxle part number is 47609838001. Does anyone have any experience with this or know of someone making replacement gears for this rear end?
Aggieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2021, 12:17 PM   #2
Aggieland
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Onward Lithium replacement gears

Seems after a few days of research I was able to answer my own question. If anyone else is looking to improve the top speed of a factory lithium cart with new gears let me know.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:41 PM   #3
ECP
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggieland View Post
Seems after a few days of research I was able to answer my own question. If anyone else is looking to improve the top speed of a factory lithium cart with new gears let me know.

What gears did you end up with? Assuming installed, noticeable speed gain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ECP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:42 PM   #4
morvolts2
Gone Wild

maybe post a link ?
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:49 PM   #5
Aggieland
Not Yet Wild

The gears are coming from Apache Gears in Glendale, AZ. I would post a link but they do not have a website. You will have to hand the UPS driver a check when he drops them off. They are 8:1 ratio and should technically double the speed of the cart. I just hope it does not look all the torque. I plan on adjusting the speed setting of the car down to where the top speed is not faster than 30 mph. I will let you know what happens once I get them installed .
Old 01-14-2021, 04:54 PM   #6
morvolts2
Gone Wild

this has absolutely no bearing on this application other than theory

Good friend was the guy for GM that was in charge of supplying pace cars etc.
You have pace cars and a few that are backups.
Some of the pace car backups are bone stock and are basically bill boards.
I dont know how he did it,but he talked them into letting him do a few laps on the track at Daytona in one of those stock bill board Trans Ams
It normally takes a lap or 2 to get to full speed,and he kept playing with the car going from 5th to 6th gear. Every time he went into 6th gear the car slowed down.
Altho you wont be fighting the COD as much because of the lower speeds,I fear that drastic of a drop in ratio will put so much load on the stock system that you wont see an increase. Easiest way to see if a gear change will work is increase tire diameter.
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #7
Gregt909
Not Yet Wild

I’m really interested in your results. I have a 2020 Onward Lithium and it has tons of torque. Hills do not slow it down.

Curious if they had a ratio in between like maybe 12:1? That would theoretically get you to 30
Gregt909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #8
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregt909 View Post
I’m really interested in your results. I have a 2020 Onward Lithium and it has tons of torque. Hills do not slow it down.

Curious if they had a ratio in between like maybe 12:1? That would theoretically get you to 30
I think you'd be looking at the common stock gears (that as far as I know, is what they are putting in the non-lithium Onwards).

I have a 2018 Onward with stock gears, which are around 12:1 - 12.5:1.

I see the Lithium gears on eBay periodically because I think it is tough to get any speed out of them, but they'd be good for hunting carts and the like.

The OP I think was looking for 8:1 gears, which will deliver the top speeds for sure, but I hope there aren't hills involved or acceleration isn't something that is important. Efficiency in normal road situations is also likely to suffer.

Maybe if small tires are used in conjunction with those gears it could work OK, but I have no idea what his use conditions or goals are either, so 8:1 may work for whatever situation that might be.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:22 PM   #9
Nflight
Not Yet Wild

Aggie, have you put the new gears in? I have the same cart as you and would love some more top end!
Nflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:01 AM   #10
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Interested to see if the stock lithium battery will supply enough Amps to pull the tall 8:1 gears?
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, gears, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car