lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2021, 07:49 PM   #1
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Looks like I'm going to be lifting the DS plus more

Appreciate any input from the membership..

Wife is wanting me to lift the cart, 98 DS electric all stock suspension and wheels. Interested in feedback of what kit(s) are good, I'm good with doing the work, have the tools, etc.

Also will need to select a good set of wheels.

She'd like a rear seat, as well, hauling grand kids around, it's a stock DS, so will it need stronger shocks as well in the rear. What seat kit is quality and works.

After that I'm sure I'll be into Audio and some color LED's probably ones that change with a remote or tie into audio for the kids, and her...
hrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2021, 08:43 PM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Looks like I'm going to be lifting the DS plus more

I lifted mine and put a rear seat on it. Replaced the rear shocks (didn't have any when I got it) with stock shocks. Today myself, my son and my nephew all went for a ride together (probably about 500 pounds of humans) and it rode fine. I would put what you want on it and take it for a ride before I put HD shocks on-it may ride really rough!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:07 PM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk View Post
Appreciate any input from the membership..

Wife is wanting me to lift the cart, 98 DS electric all stock suspension and wheels. Interested in feedback of what kit(s) are good, I'm good with doing the work, have the tools, etc.

Also will need to select a good set of wheels.

She'd like a rear seat, as well, hauling grand kids around, it's a stock DS, so will it need stronger shocks as well in the rear. What seat kit is quality and works.

After that I'm sure I'll be into Audio and some color LED's probably ones that change with a remote or tie into audio for the kids, and her...
All Sport is the best kit you can get, but the lead time is two months or more. I installed a Madjax lift once and it seemed well made, if you can't wait. Consider a 4" lift versus a 6", depending on your needs. The lower cart is a little easier to get in and out of, expecially for the kids.

Wheels and tires is completely subjective. 10" wheels with 22" tires will look and ride different than 14" wheels and 22" tires. What terrain are you driving on? Any off road? Fat sidewalls will ride better than rubber bands. I recently purchase a set of 12" wheels and tires off ebay for $550 shipped with lug nuts.

Lots of choices for rear seats, depending on your price point. I installed a Steeling rear seat and it was ok, but packaged poorly and got banged up in shipping. The banging up penetrated the paint, and of course it started to rust. I'd likely go with another company next time.

HD springs may not be required. For a heavy load (two adults) they may help out, but for the kids, I'd stick with either stock or the progressive (two leafs instead of 4). Stock shocks are fine.

Don't forget seatbelts and an examination of your drive train to make sure it's up to the task of hauling people on large diameter tires.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:34 AM   #4
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks, we are in FL, so mild hills but mostly flat, some grass but mostly on the street the 4 inch lift sounds like a good choice since the kids are small.

Is there any different in the All Sports vs the Super Sports lift?

I guess we install the kits, seat and see how the suspension travels before adding in stiffer springs or shocks.

Are there any preferred vendors for the suspension lift kit for purchase, like to avoid any of the problematic vendors people may have experienced.

Thanks for the tips..
Old 01-18-2021, 11:27 AM   #5
Jeffnonyx
Not Yet Wild

I just lifted 2016 precedent, now have noise in rear end on acceleration then quickly goes away. So confused especially after how new the cart is best of luck
Jeffnonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:28 AM   #6
Jeffnonyx
Not Yet Wild

Also used full front A arm lift
Jeffnonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:38 PM   #7
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I installed a Steeleng Golf Cart (SGC) 6" Lift Kit on my Precedent and I'm very happy with it. They also do a 6" for a DS:

https://steelenggolfcart.com/product...sion-lift-kit/

SGC DS Lift.JPG
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:21 PM   #8
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

I saw quite a few Steeling kits on Ebay was wondering about them as a kit...
Old 01-19-2021, 07:27 AM   #9
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

hrk, your timeline is important. As stated, the All Sport kit is the best in the business. If you end up needing to replace a part in the future, you can order just that part from them. Other companies you must order the complete kit since they don't sell just the individual parts. If you don't want to wait for All Sport, I'd go with the Madjax, but that's just my experience. Steeleng would be my last choice. Again, my opinion.

Remember that shocks only dampen the travel of the suspension. Most of us use stock shocks without any issues.

I ordered my All Sport kit through Revolution Golf Cars (site sponsor).
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:56 PM   #10
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

I"ve been looking at the lift kits, All Sport, Madjax and Steeleng.

Right now the Steeleng is available, and with a multitude of wheel options
at a decent price on Ebay as all in one kits..

The Allsport is at the top of the list, just not sure about waiting 2 to 3 months for the parts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car