lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2021, 10:25 AM   #11
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Looks like I'm going to be lifting the DS plus more

Others may disagree, but I would go with the Madjax over Steeleng, though I recognize the attractiveness of the all-in-one kit.

Either way, it's an easy install, especially if you have a cordless impact driver. In fact, the impact driver makes working on these carts so much easier, it's worth buying if you don't have one. If you can, before you tear it down take a look at the rubber bushings in the leaf springs and make sure that they're in good shape.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2021, 10:40 AM   #12
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Good idea on the bushings because they were toast, did the front a couple of months ago, and the rears are shot, waiting to do the lift kit since I"ll have to take it apart anyway.. So I bought both front and rear kits a few months ago.

Front had to be done, couldn't wait any longer...

Appreciate the information, I'll look up the Madjax components as well.
hrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:45 AM   #13
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
If you can, before you tear it down take a look at the rubber bushings in the leaf springs and make sure that they're in good shape.
Every DS I've owned required at least two new bushings and while you have it apart you may as well replace them all. A cheap fix, but sometimes corrosion makes it difficult, nothing a sawzall and a 5lb hammer can't fix.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:24 PM   #14
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

About ready to purchase a kit, I'm leaning toward 6 inch, but could go 4 if theres a good reason to only lift it 4 ie less issues with installing aftermarket with stock parts, engine angle, brackets, cables etc.

Is there anything I should be aware of putting a 6 inch on the DS that might require modification or optional parts, similar to the swapping of the brake rotor assemblies to the other sides to get the cables up and to fit, I'm curious what has been discovered that you need to do, outside of the "oh yeah, bolts right up, no worries mate" you get from manufacturing companies that end users here have discovered.

Are there limits on the DS for tire sizes with a 4 vs 6 inch lift.

Carts going to be used on road 90% of the time, thinking fatter tires vs low profile, simply because there are a few off road places the kids cruise and I'd rather have tires
that will work in sandy trails.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #15
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the steeleng kit installed maybe two years ago and it’s been fine but the heim joints got some rust on them and squeaked but nothing a little oil didn’t fix. Was straight forward to install. We go between kids and adults in the back and put in the heavy duty springs and I keep thinking about taking a leaf out of the pack cause it’s very stiff, if you just have kids I would try out the stock springs first. Bigger tires will ride nicer than low profiles and consider noise when getting tires cause some of those all terrains are howlers.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:15 AM   #16
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

6" lift on mine ('86 DS) and no issues on tire rub (23"'s) or brake cables; love how it looks and rides!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #17
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

thanks, yeah tire noise would be an issue, not wanting to sound like an 18 year old in a jacked up 4x4 pickup, not that there is anything wrong with that... other than I"m no longer 18....

As long as I don't need to cut (have the sawzall) or weld (no welder) tool wise I'm good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car