lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2021, 01:29 AM   #71
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Extreme Team install

Slight hijack…

I have the extreme team 72v 200ah that’s wired in. I’m getting a charging connector fault in the tac controller. I’ve read the cryptic extreme team installation instructions a dozen times. I’m pretty sure I know what’s happening.

I left the blue (in my case gray) wire from the OEM charging port not hooked up. Pretty sure the TAC controller needs battery voltage to clear the charger plug fault. Or that’s my interruption of the instructions and that makes sense so it knows a charging plug is not hooked up.

So my question is the gray wire my harness has is actually just gray shielding that houses 2 small wires ( red and black.). Which one or both do I hook up to battery voltage ( do both go to battery voltage or just the red one and if just the red one does that mean black goes to ground?)

I’ve sent 3 emails to extreme team and no answers. So I thought I’d try here if not I’ll call them tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike
Micbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2021, 10:14 AM   #72
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micbad View Post
Slight hijack…

I have the extreme team 72v 200ah that’s wired in. I’m getting a charging connector fault in the tac controller. I’ve read the cryptic extreme team installation instructions a dozen times. I’m pretty sure I know what’s happening.

I left the blue (in my case gray) wire from the OEM charging port not hooked up. Pretty sure the TAC controller needs battery voltage to clear the charger plug fault. Or that’s my interruption of the instructions and that makes sense so it knows a charging plug is not hooked up.

So my question is the gray wire my harness has is actually just gray shielding that houses 2 small wires ( red and black.). Which one or both do I hook up to battery voltage ( do both go to battery voltage or just the red one and if just the red one does that mean black goes to ground?)

I’ve sent 3 emails to extreme team and no answers. So I thought I’d try here if not I’ll call them tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike
Go into the Navitas app, in the settings section and turn off the charger interlock. Its software config.

Anyone who owns a Navitas product can call their support line and a tech will solve all problems. No need to use public forums when the manufacturer answers their phone calls . :D

https://www.navitasvs.com/contact

844-576-2499 (Toll-Free)
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 04:55 PM   #73
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Extreme Team posted a new video on YouTube Jan 4th that shows their batteries now have a "communications port" to directly connect the dash battery meter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 4.53.45 PM.jpg (78.7 KB, 0 views)
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:22 PM   #74
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePlacidGolfer View Post
Extreme Team posted a new video on YouTube Jan 4th that shows their batteries now have a "communications port" to directly connect the dash battery meter.
I saw that the day it was posted. Nice you don't need a shunt and I like the new meter better than the current one I have now. Plus some other additional updates for more power output are a plus. Might have to see what it will take to get an upgrade. Maybe a trade in?
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:24 PM   #75
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

They probably have a shunt internal to the battery case.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:59 PM   #76
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
They probably have a shunt internal to the battery case.
I assumed they did an internal shunt, its nice that new customers do not have to install an external shunt.Taking additional installation out of the equation. The plug and play meter looks much nicer than the meter that came with the shunt in my opinion. I personally can't stand the green backlight on the original meter.
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car