lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2021, 06:13 PM   #21
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 99 EZ GO only goes in reverse.

I was able to back it up perfectly fine. I put it in forward and started off slowly then went about 50’ and died where the motor would vibrate some.
Pushed it back inside and out it on the lift. Had 37.75 and with pedal pushed all the way down dropped to 35v with wheels spinning fast.
del50man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2021, 06:48 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the low power (Field amp) part of your controller has failed.

The stock DCS controller (Curtis 1206SX) is a faulty design and a high failure item, so replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400-DCS.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:31 PM   #23
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

Still toying with this headache of a cart and left the decision up to the owner. The motor was apparently switched out and were not the same motors. The last digits are G01 that was in the cart and was replaced with a G02 motor. I will have to get the full serial number if needed. Could the difference between G02 motor and the G01 motor be an issue?
Old 04-01-2021, 03:38 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by del50man View Post
Still toying with this headache of a cart and left the decision up to the owner. The motor was apparently switched out and were not the same motors. The last digits are G01 that was in the cart and was replaced with a G02 motor. I will have to get the full serial number if needed. Could the difference between G02 motor and the G01 motor be an issue?
Yes!!!!!

A 73124-G01 is a sepex drive (DCS) motor and a 73124-G02 is a series drive motor.

Here is a image showing the field windings on a DCS motor.

The field coils in a sepex motor consist of a lot of turns of thin wire while the stator coils of a series drive motor has either a few turns of thick wire or ribbon wire.

Connecting a DCS controller to a series motor could easily take out part of the MOSFETs that feed the field windings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo-dcs-motor-2.jpg (38.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:05 PM   #25
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you so much for all the replies! Now looking for a replacement motor for the cart.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:35 AM   #26
del50man
Gone Wild

Club Car

I want to thank you for all the information passed on to me. After replacing the controller and the motor with the actual motor that fits on the cart, it's up and running.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO