lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2021, 12:04 AM   #1
stedo5132
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 02 Club Car Ds cutting off mid trips.

Hello, I could use some help with problems I’m having with my club car Ds 2002 model.
I bought it about a year ago and it’s been running fine but then the OBC went out so I bought an on board charger that bypasses the computer and it’s been running great up until about a month ago when it died on me about a half a mile from the house ( after being fully charged before the hour long trip). Since that day I can be riding it for a while then when I mash on the gas it won’t go anymore and will occasionally “jump”. I want to have the confidence to take it on long rides again so any help is greatly appreciated.

Steps I have taken :
1) bought a charger that bypasses the OBC
2)I have checked the voltage of each battery with a multimeter (they seem fine) and the app for the on board charger also has the reading of 50 volts before trips.
3) I haven’t checked the solenoid (mainly because I can’t find it) but I do hear it click every time the pedal is pressed.
4) I’ve checked all the fuses that I can see and replaced them all just in case.
5)I do not have a “tow/haul” switch (I’m just putting this here in case it’s relevant)

Side note: it seems to mostly quit working when I go stopping to pressing the pedal again. Although it has cut off while I was mid driving before.

Like I said it used to run for hours with no problem and sometimes you can get in it and it will drive like nothing is wrong. Ive just become scared to drive it to far because pushing that thing back to my house from half a mile away was not fun and I do not wish to repeat that process. Any advice would be awesome
stedo5132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2021, 07:20 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 02 Club Car Ds cutting off mid trips.

First thing I would do is hook a meter to the main pack positive and negative. Watch the voltage drop as you drive it and load it up. My first suspicion would be a voltage issue of either a bad connection or a battery going bad, but watching the voltage will confirm that.

Note the starting voltage and see how much it drops when you drive the cart. 50.9 is fully charged for most packs, some being slightly more. If you’re stock, with a fresh charge dropping to 47-48v when you floor the pedal is pretty normal. It will drop a bit more with modifications (or a lot more with heavy modifications).

Note the voltage when it cuts out and dies. Both when it dies and about 15 minutes after it sits.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:15 PM   #3
57chevygolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 02 Club Car Ds cutting off mid trips.

Sounds like the MCOR. Try depressing pedal about 20 time to clean the contacts and see if that helps.
57chevygolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, car, club, problems, troubleshoot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car