lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2021, 04:37 PM   #1
JWA
Not Yet Wild

Smile How low should voltage go under load on 48v Precedent?

I use my 2014 Precedent with 20” tires, 440 Navitas and 2gawire in a neighborhood with some long, small to moderate, hills. Stabilized battery voltage is 50.7. But, voltage dips to about 44.6 on the inclines. Voltage goes back quickly to 49 and climbs back to 50.1 or so after the road levels off. Batteries are 8v 2016 PN+ (Club Car), but hold voltage well on level roads and over several days after charging. Batteries seem to have been maintained well. I’m trying to determine if new batteries would make any significant difference in the voltage drop and hill climb performance, or if the ones I have will continue to do the job for awhile longer. Would hate to replace with new when that drop is not unusual when climbing hills. Thanks for any thoughts!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2021, 04:58 PM   #2
JWA
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How low should voltage go under load on 48v Precedent?

Wow... after I posted this question, some similar threads popped up that I had not found. From the info in those threads, I think I am OK. But, would still appreciate any thoughts.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:30 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would say you are still good for now. The 44.6 under an uphill load is perfectly acceptable, particularly considering the larger tires and higher amp controller.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:58 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The total charge is a bit low at 50.7 but the drop is acceptable with tires and controller upgrades, as said above. You should be good for another year or so. But I’d consider replacing the pack next year, it’ll probably be due.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:06 PM   #5
JWA
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much for the info!
Old 03-27-2021, 08:03 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I don’t like to see under 44v on a stock cart, but often I’ll let them go for as long as I can get. Those are in pretty good shape considering their age and the upgrades pulling more amps from them, but they will probably start to weaken more through the rest of the season. I’d plan on batteries next year for sure.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car