lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2021, 10:43 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Recommendations for battery state of charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobra1 View Post
I bought this one for my lithium upgrade. Easy to install, except for the precise round hole for the gauge. Easy to determine AH available by using batteries down to the low limit and then recharge. The meter shows AH put in batteries while on charge. You then set that as 100% SOC. The meter will be dead accurate from then on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Mon...0AAOSw3ppgUKPa
Only with a lithium battery pack. With Lead-Acid, it'll probably have to be reset to 100% after each charge.

The charging efficiency of lithium batteries is close to 100%, so the AH-in vs AH-out will stay in sync for many charge cycles.

On the other hand, Lead-Acid charge efficiency is only about 85%, so the meter will be up to about 15% off on the second charge cycle and up to about 30% on the second and so on. Making coulomb counting even more unpredictable for lead-acid batteries, their charging efficiency varies with make/model of battery and the battery temperature while charging.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2021, 12:19 PM   #12
JB in PA
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Recommendations for battery state of charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoney View Post
I bought this inexpensive, shut-based meter off Amazon and I really like it so far. IMHO, only way to get an accurate reading is using a shunt.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is a cool gauge for a seriously good price...thanks for linking this
JB in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO