lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2021, 12:20 PM   #1
Mizzled
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie Light Wiring Question - '96 EZGO TXT

Morning Everybody,,

I am in the process of putting back together my '96 Ezgo TXT after a paint job and am adding some new accessories. One of the things I'm adding is a light bar and some new marker lights in the back. My cart doesn't have taillights it uses the marker lights in place of the taillights. My wiring question is twofold:
**PICTURES ATTACHED**
1) I bought a new basic wiring harness and clipped it to my new light bar but I have two extra grey wires that I don't know where they go to, do I connect them together?

2) My wiring harness has a red 3 holed clip for the taillights and my marker lights have only two wires, white and black. Do I cut the clip off and attach the wires from clip harness to the marker lights and not use the 3rd wire from the harness?

I really really appreciate any help and direction you guys could give me, thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Light Bar.jpg (80.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Light Harness.jpg (61.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Marker Light.jpg (175.3 KB, 0 views)
Mizzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2021, 07:07 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie Light Wiring Question - '96 EZGO TXT

What brand harness and light bar ?
Are you replacing factory head lights with new upgraded aftermarket lights ?

I believe the two grey wires on head lights (depending on brand) are for hi/lo beams as mine were, but manufacture of lights and harness needs to be known.

Thinking just use marker light wires and connect to tail lights would solve that issue ? After all your just replacing one set of rear lights for another working light. Correct ?
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:41 AM   #3
Mizzled
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie Light Wiring Question - '96 EZGO TXT

Hey Cobra, 1 thanks for the reply. I got it figured out, took me all day Saturday but I got it. I just taped the two grey wires together in the front and then cut the red plug off and butt spliced the black/white wires to my marker lights in the back and it worked!
Mizzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO