lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2021, 09:12 AM   #1
BCGolfCarts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 09 G29 Brake Adjustment or Replacement

I’m not sure if my brakes simply need adjusting or replaced. This is my first electric cart and I’m not sure how to replace or adjust these internal brakes compared to a gas cart with drum brakes. Does anyone have any instructions or manuals on how to adjust or replaces these brakes?
BCGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2021, 09:44 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 09 G29 Brake Adjustment or Replacement

The owner's manual shows you how to adjust the brakes. It's easy to do. You have to take up the rubber mat and remove the metal cover that goes around under the pedal assembly. The cable adjustment is there.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 09:07 AM   #3
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your car has the Team transaxle with an internal wet brake. The plates do not often fail.
I would suggest doing the adjustment first followed by changing the transaxle oil twice. Change it the first time, drive the car 20 minutes then change it again.
If you still have brake issues, you will have to drop the transaxle and split the case.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:17 PM   #4
BCGolfCarts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you both. I will see if I can track down the owners manual and look into adjusting the break cable and changing the axle oil.
BCGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustment, brake, g29, replace
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha