lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2021, 09:32 AM   #1
kempie9901
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 BBB rear motor needed

OK, so I have a 2011 48v BB that I picked up. I was told it needed a solenoid, batteries, and a rear motor. I have already put in batteries and the solenoid just to check the motor, and I'm sure he was correct as the rear motor would only jerk just a little when gas was pressed.

My main issue is trying to find good info on this cart. I have been going through this forum and already know that it is difficult to get info on these carts. I also know that these specific carts don't have a good reputation in the carting world, or the hunting world as they were intended for. I have it now so it is what it is at this point.

I have been trying to find out the best place to find a rear motor for this thing. I want to be sure I am getting the correct motor, with a good warranty, from a reputable place amongst you knowledgeable people here. If i do a search for the part number, I get lots of hits for a 3.7hp motor. DD motor systems has one for $899 that says its a 8.5hp motor. The specsheet I have from BBB says the front is 18.8hp and the rear is 20.6hp. That is quite a discrepancy. Can anyone confirm any of this, have any documentation otherwise, or just want to point me in the right direction?

Ill attach the specsheet I have.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bbb_specsheet_xto.pdf (645.7 KB, 0 views)
kempie9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2021, 10:15 AM   #2
Bbr
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 BBB rear motor needed

Why don't you just have yours rebuilt?
Bbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 04:32 PM   #3
kempie9901
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
Why don't you just have yours rebuilt?

I haven’t seen anywhere that offers that so far. I haven’t taken the motor apart yet but the previous owner said the armature was really pitted. Not sure if there are any more issues with it. I actually could rebuild it myself if I found a good rebuild kit, but don’t want to do that then find out there are other issues. I could take the motor out and test the windings if anyone has some specs I could go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2021, 09:26 PM   #4
Bbr
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Does motor have a model number, should be a rebuild kit out there somewhere. I took my starter/ gen in to a shop forgot the name of it, been awhile
Bbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:08 PM   #5
kempie9901
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
Does motor have a model number, should be a rebuild kit out there somewhere. I took my starter/ gen in to a shop forgot the name of it, been awhile

DA8-4013 is the model of the rear motor. I can’t find a decent rebuild kit for it.

Old 06-02-2021, 01:20 AM   #6
kempie9901
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone on here have a Bad Boy Buggy? I need to know what stock speeds I should see. Long story short, the cart was moving 24mph with only the front motor. After receiving the rear motor and installing, it will only get up to 15-16.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:29 AM   #7
Bucker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempie9901 View Post
Does anyone on here have a Bad Boy Buggy? I need to know what stock speeds I should see. Long story short, the cart was moving 24mph with only the front motor. After receiving the rear motor and installing, it will only get up to 15-16.

Mine goes ~ 22-23 MPH driving on paved surfaces on flat or slight declines (seems to be capped at 23). Inclines, it will drop to 20ish MPH and I can watch voltage to see how demanding I am on it.

Maybe see what happens if you run it on just the rear motor? Or put it on jack stands and see if the rear motor is actually running properly.
Bucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:33 PM   #8
kempie9901
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucker View Post
Mine goes ~ 22-23 MPH driving on paved surfaces on flat or slight declines (seems to be capped at 23). Inclines, it will drop to 20ish MPH and I can watch voltage to see how demanding I am on it.

Maybe see what happens if you run it on just the rear motor? Or put it on jack stands and see if the rear motor is actually running properly.

Thanks for the response Bucker. I actually disconnected the front controller and solenoid after putting the rear motor on. It went about 15. After reconnecting the front, it went 16. When I disconnect the rear, it will do 24 again but will take longer to get there. Both motors have tons of torque of course. The motor I got from them has a speed sensor on it too, which isn’t on the stock ones, and isn’t needed. I’m thinking they just sent me the wrong part. Do you have the stock motors on it Bucker?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO