lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2021, 06:59 PM   #1
Shakaroobs
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric club car - can’t charge

Hey - new to this. I inherited an electric club car. Put used batteries in to see if I could get running. I bought a 3 prong charger and also found an old box charger in the shop. I hook up the cart, but it will not charge. Do I need to drain the batteries to a certain point or is there something else I need to look into. Thanks, Shaka
Shakaroobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2021, 08:16 PM   #2
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Electric club car - can’t charge

first thing is exactly what kind and what year cart ?.... or a serial number ....and pics....we like pics here...
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:03 AM   #3
Shakaroobs
Not Yet Wild

It is a DS Electric IQ 2006, I think. Here is a pix of it and the data plate, not much, but its mine and my boy’s! It will be mostly used for haul stuff between my shop and the home . It has a nice tow ball on back to pull a small trailer. It is starting to lose power when going up hill/under strain too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1E6D4627-7F53-4DEA-A570-8B01BCA9E61D.jpg (204.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 62F7258F-29A3-430E-9F18-F1AA586F286D.jpg (178.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2021, 02:12 AM   #4
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

welcome to BGW, I know nothing about IQ carts but own a series CC. CC have an OBC, on board computer, that control the charging of cart. your charger needs to be compatible. If its not, look at the top of the CC elec section in the stickies on how to bypass the OBC. I did this years ago and hook my charger to batteries with alligator clips to main pos and neg. Works great.
Hope you get it charging and enjoy your cart. Great group here.
Oh, if OBC and charger are compatible, batteries have to be a minimun voltage for OBC to "see" them. Measure your pack voltage and post it up. Gurus here will helo you.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 02:24 AM   #5
Shakaroobs
Not Yet Wild

Cool, thx. Here is a pix of the OBC. Voltage yesterday was around 52v, today down to 48v, and after struggling to barely get up the hill, it read 44v. I still don’t know if it is low enough to kick in a charge or even if the box charger works. Nothing happens when I plug it in to 120v receptacle nor when I plug the 3 prong into my cart. The new charger lights up with red and green lights but nothing changes. I will post a pix of both chargers tomorrow.
Shaka
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E028C50C-0877-465A-B9BB-C1232CCEDB79.jpg (156.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car