lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2021, 08:50 PM   #1
Clubcarken
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation yamaha information 2009 electric

Hi all,
I'm thinking about picking up a 2009 Yamaha electric cart. I am not familiar with the Yamaha and I don't see many of them here in South Carolina. Can someone fill me in on the quality, setup, typical speed, anything I need to know in particular?
Why are they not as popular as the EZGO or ClubCar?
Are there upgrades available?
Thanks!
Clubcarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2021, 08:28 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha information 2009 electric

I have a 2009 and 2012 Yamaha Drive. They were quite popular here in Rio Verde, Az but today, Ezgo is the most popular by far. Not sure why. Stock with the PTV code they do 19mph. The stock Hitachi motor is not so good and on the weak side. The stock Moric controller also is not so good. Both of my carts have aftermarket Alltrax controllers in them and D&D motors. I bought my 2009 with a dead motor - that had worn the brushes down to nothing. Upgrades are available for controller, motor, wheels, etc.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:16 PM   #3
Clubcarken
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks
Clubcarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 06:01 AM   #4
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
They were quite popular here in Rio Verde, Az but today, Ezgo is the most popular by far. Not sure why.
Cheap. Nothing else seems to matter.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:09 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
Cheap. Nothing else seems to matter.
Please explain. The Ezgo that folks are buying here are the high end ones with Lithium batteries. Not cheap. $14K
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 05:42 AM   #6
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Im not referring to price. Its the battery that makes that car expensive. Which in my opinion is not worth that exorbitant amount of money.

I am referring to engineering, quality of materials, performance, and longevity. Again in my opinion, Yamaha comes out on top. Your opinion may be different. It wont hurt my feelings.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha