lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #1
amazingjose
Not Yet Wild

Post Yamaha G14 Replaceable Controllers?

I have a 36-Volt 1996 Yamaha Golf Cart (G14 Model) with an FSIP Remanufactured Controller, Model Number YJN4-03, Serial Number 711540 920-03, which handles 36 volts, and has an output of 300 amps. I think this controller may be faulty, but before I send it be to remanufactured I'd like to test a controller - which I believe may be compatible with the car - just to make sure that the FSIP controller is indeed the main issue that needs to be tackled.
The controller I'm thinking of testing is a Curtis DC Motor Controller, Part #: 17727109, Serial #: 17109C.022497, Model #: 1205-5606, with a voltage of 36 to 48v and a current of 500A. Is there a wiring diagram laying around the internet that shows how this may be done? Or is this an impossible thing to do...?

Appreciate your help.
amazingjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
biphase
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G14 Replaceable Controllers?

The original Yamaha G14 controller requires a 0-1K resistive throttle. The Curtis 1205-5606 controller requires an ITS throttle and would be compatible only with EzGo. There is a newer programmable version called 1205M that can be programmed for a variety of throttle types but I am not sure if it can be programmed for 0-1K
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
curtis, dc controller, fsip, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha