lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2021, 07:56 PM   #1
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1994 Medalist Rebuild Update

I joined this site in January 2019 after I purchased a 1994 EZGO Medalist. I had grand plans for the project.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=149232

The link has the before pictures. Life has a way of changing plans. A divorce and personal issues sidelined my project. I now have my life straight and am back together with my ex-wife. Since this isn't a personals site I will leave it at that.

I restarted my rebuild first week of May after I returned home from working in Minnesota and Louisiana. Fat bank account and nothing on the horizon is a good place to start. The ex had renewed interest in the Medalist since the HOA requires a person to have a golf cart in the garage if they park in the driveway. My Super Duty will not fit in the garage anyway but who cares about logic these days?

Prior to storing my cart I had the frame weld repaired, blasted, primed and painted with POR-15. I had purchased some parts but I am amazed at what I had to replace.

Before I get too far, I want to thank all of the sponsors who support this site. Great resource. I also want to thank all of the members here who actively support newbs like me. This is a great site and I spend a lot of time searching for information.

A list of upgrades:

1. Heavy Duty FNR.
2. SR48500 Controller
3. 400 amp solenoid.
4. FN1 switch
5. 30 amp reducer.
6. Big arse cables.

Thanks ScottyB!

More:

7. 12" STORM TROOPER Machined/ Black Wheels and 23x10.5-12" DOT All Terrain Tires
8. Doubletake Titan TXT body kit in yellow including and extended top.
9. Deluxe LED headlight and taillights with turn signals.
10. New front seats in white.
11. Seat belts.
12. Dual Marine 200 watt stereo from Crutchfield.
13. Stereo and speaker enclosures from Custom Speaker Pods.

New brakes, shocks, tie rods, front hubs, bearings, and seals, new windshield, floor mat. Too much to list. I have rewired most of the wiring and will enclose everything in looms. This cart will probably never see rain again as it is destined for running around the subdivision and visiting the clubhouse. And flying flags. My ex-wife has claimed my cart so I am actively looking for another one to turn into my hunting cart. **Sigh**.

I still have to purchase a custom steering wheel and rear seat.

Thanks again everyone!

Lithium upgrade to Extreme Team 48 volt 100 AH battery. I sure wish it would get here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0996.jpg (251.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0997.jpg (331.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0998.jpg (226.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0999.jpg (324.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1002.jpg (234.3 KB, 0 views)
truetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2022, 04:53 PM   #2
calgolfcart13
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1994 Medalist Rebuild Update

How do you like the wheels and tires that you chose? I have a similar 1995 medalist with Doubletake body and I am lacking wheels/tires. Did you ever put a brush guard on as I am looking into that as well?
calgolfcart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 11:36 AM   #3
truetex
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 Medalist Rebuild Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgolfcart13 View Post
How do you like the wheels and tires that you chose? I have a similar 1995 medalist with Doubletake body and I am lacking wheels/tires. Did you ever put a brush guard on as I am looking into that as well?
Love the wheels and tires. It rides a little rough but I like the look of a lifted cart. So far I have only had to top the air in the tires off once since initial install.

I have not installed a brush guard and probably won't. This is just a subdivision cruiser.
truetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO