lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #1
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default EZGO TXT Series Cart "switch to nowhere"

I just bought a couple of EZGO TXT series carts to refurb from a hunting club. They work great, but are slow on any kind of hill. They are on 22" tires.

One has a very interesting modification that has been disabled, but I'm curious what purpose it originally served and if it would benefit me to enable it for its new life as a street cart here in Charleston SC or if I should remove it totally.

The F/R box has a toggle switch.

That switch seemed to at one point connect to the solenoid which has a jumper going across two of the posts.

I assume this is what I have read about being an "overdrive switch" and somehow bypasses the voltage regulator on the controller?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210805_151110940.jpg (194.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210805_151123676.jpg (215.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210805_150616039.jpg (145.7 KB, 0 views)
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2021, 12:24 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO TXT Series Cart "switch to nowhere"

Im a little confused looking at the pictures...the first pic of the solenoid does not have a jumper across it that is a diode which is supposed to be there...second pic appears to be the ground wire which should run to one side of the reverse buzzer(does that work) and last pic of the toggle switch is usually where I or someone would put a kill switch to the reed wire meaning you could flip that and someone couldn't steal the cart by jumping the key switch as no power would reach it until that switch is flipped... Not a for sure thing but first thoughts based on pics...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:31 PM   #3
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Im a little confused looking at the pictures...the first pic of the solenoid does not have a jumper across it that is a diode which is supposed to be there...second pic appears to be the ground wire which should run to one side of the reverse buzzer(does that work) and last pic of the toggle switch is usually where I or someone would put a kill switch to the reed wire meaning you could flip that and someone couldn't steal the cart by jumping the key switch as no power would reach it until that switch is flipped... Not a for sure thing but first thoughts based on pics...
ok. This makes sense. The reverse buzzer doesn't work.

I am overthinking this I guess. I'm not familiar with this style of cart, so seeing the diode threw me.

Call this case closed...
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:44 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

No worries I learn something new with these things every day still and I've been working on them for about 15 years
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO