lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2022, 09:22 AM   #61
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '99 Club Car DS ECO Battery Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherhay View Post
I just checked this thread, and I questioned how I should be setting up the charger and reducer. I see now that EB sent them a diagram of how it should be set up, and I suspect thats my issue. The cables from the charger, by default, only stretch the leads like 18 inches apart, so I hooked that up to a single battery, and didnt span it between the two. Same thing for the reducer, just hooked to one battery. My grounds are going to the system side of the shunt, so just gotta move the hots over to the other batter and try to charge. Gonna start there, I gotta suspect that will make a change for sure.

Thanks for the thread link there bud
You're welcome for the link.

It appears you have found the issue. That wiring switch should solve your problems.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2023, 04:50 PM   #62
Robert72Bronco
Not Yet Wild

Hey Tom, It looks like it's been a couple years since you installed the ECO Batteries. How are they holding up? I've been thinking about getting a 105AH from them. I'm looking for some feedback on the company and your experience with the batteries.
Robert72Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 09:05 PM   #63
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Until Tom sees this and replies I'll jump in! Eco is 15 minutes from my house and I have dropped in on them multiple times and have been given the tour of the facilities; they are legit. I also removed the Chevy Volt system that I built for my cart and swapped in an Eco 105 Ah battery; picked up about 4 mph and the installation is super clean. 100% happy with the entire experience, and being lucky enough to see the operation is just icing on the cake.

Hope that helps for now; standby for Tom!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 11:35 PM   #64
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I also removed the Chevy Volt system that I built for my cart and swapped in an Eco 105 Ah battery; picked up about 4 mph
That's interesting Simcrintz. You shouldn't have seen any speed increase if the nominal voltage was similar. I know the Chevy Volt modules can be quite a pain to dismantle and configure into the correct number for a 48v nominal system. Were you using a 12S configuration as opposed to the recommended 14S NMC configuration? That would only give a 44.4v nominal voltage compared to the ECO's 51.2v and would explain the speed increase.

And yes, let's wait for Tom to sing the ECO theme song....

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:27 AM   #65
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was surprised as well, but pleasantly. The Volt pack performed well but I do recall a flashing sequence on my controller (info in sig) but not 100% sure if that had any bearing.

I did have the 12S configuration in both packs (ran in parallel), so that may be the "missing link" answer (you are MUCH smarter than me on this so that may provide some insight).

I work too much (and am building my home on the weekends) so have not had much time for the cart unfortunately. The little time that I have been able to use it has been great, and I have become quite an Eco fan in the process!
Old 03-03-2023, 08:56 AM   #66
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yes - 12S on the Volt pack would be 8 volts less than we typically run with Leaf packs at 14S. That would be your speed difference.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 12:01 PM   #67
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have had the opportunity to install 4 EcoBattery packs in my own and friends carts. EZ GO, Club Car, Yamaha all installs have worked perfectly, some with controller upgrades and some without. Worked so well in fact that I became a dealer for their product. Their customer service and support is great and the product is top notch. I currently have 2 other people who want to do the change based in what they have seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ECO 1.jpg (204.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Eco 2.jpg (152.2 KB, 0 views)
nutsehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 12:44 PM   #68
Robert72Bronco
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsehc View Post
I have had the opportunity to install 4 EcoBattery packs in my own and friends carts. EZ GO, Club Car, Yamaha all installs have worked perfectly, some with controller upgrades and some without. Worked so well in fact that I became a dealer for their product. Their customer service and support is great and the product is top notch. I currently have 2 other people who want to do the change based in what they have seen.
Thank you Simicrintz and Nutsehc. I'm building 3 carts right now for myself and 2 friends. Mini Me's as I like to call them. We each have the real trucks and want the golf cart versions of our vehicles) All will have Navitas A/C drives, lift kits, 23 & 25 inch tires, nice stereo systems and custom bodys. Finding a battery that works nicely with Navitas and holds up is very important. Thank you both for your feedback. I hope to hear from Tom as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211104_133216.jpg (211.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230204_160703.jpg (223.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230217_101351.jpg (212.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-03-2023, 08:45 PM   #69
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those are cool!!
Old 03-03-2023, 09:22 PM   #70
Robert72Bronco
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Those are cool!!
Thank you Simicrintz. I still have some aluminum frame mods to do for the bodies. I need to pick a battery so I can mod the holder for the battery, controller, converter, and other items. Once those are done I plan on powder coating the frames and front suspension pieces and rear spring holders. I called Navitas and they referred me to ECO Battery. I've been finding it hard to find good reviews with some time on them. Most review them right after they get them. I'm looking for after a year or two. Hopefully we will hear back from Tom.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car