lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2021, 07:06 AM   #1
Nathan Lucius
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 g22e continues moving when key is switched off

Hey guys,
I have an 06 electric, and when I turn the key switch off, the cart will move when throttle is applied for about a minute, then the cart shuts down. I recently replaced the solenoid with a stock unit because I was burning up key switches. The contacts would arc and I went through 2 switches in 6 months. I am not having the arcing issue with the new solenoid. The cart acts the same with the new and old solenoid, but I just noticed it so I don't know if it did it before replacing the solenoid.

The tow/run switch will kill the cart. The cart will continue to move even if I disconnect the key switch. The controller is the stock Moric and I have verified that the key switch is killing power to pin 6 on the controller when switched off. The throttle pedal is receiving 3.2 volts from the controller with the key switch on or off and the pedal is functioning correctly. The solenoid clicks on with the key switch, or when the cart is rolled. Throttle pedal switch is functioning properly. When I turn the key switch off, the voltage does not cut off, but drops over about a 5 second period. The cart functions normal except this issue. It seems like something internal to the controller has an issue, but I am wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before? Thank you
Nathan Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha