lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2021, 03:59 PM   #1
BradTX227
Not Yet Wild

Default Electrical Motor Products

Can anybody tell me anything about the motor that I have? I have been exhaustively searching the web over the last week, and I cannot find anything about it. Here's what the label on it says:

Electrical Motor Products

EMP S/N: M12-1362
MFR: Advanced DC
MFR P/N: DE8-4001-LR3.9az1*
OEM & P/N: 48v Yamaha
*modified for improved performance per customer request

For what it's worth, I have a 2007 G22. It had the "MORIC" controller, but that burned out, so I recently replaced it with an Alltrax XCT48400.

In my many searches, I've seen other aftermarket motors for sale with a similar coding system as this one. For example:

(Letter Letter Number) - 4001 - (Letter Letter Number)

Does that mean that the coding system is somehow standardized? And if so, what does that all mean?

I reached out to "EMP" today, but I don't expect a response until at least Monday. Best I can tell based on their website and on other people's comments, they were/are an aftermarket performance electrical motor manufacturer.
BradTX227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2021, 04:35 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Electrical Motor Products

If you have an XCT controller then the motor is SEPEX (has a shunt field) You need the correct "Field Map" for that motor from Alltrax.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 04:42 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Electrical Motor Products

Or from EMP.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha