lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2021, 10:42 AM   #1
honcho1
Not Yet Wild

Default ignition switch

Hey folks, got a 2001 ezgo 36v alltrax 400,on the ignition switch, how many volts feed the switch and where does it get it's power? My alltrax not powering up and my back up buzzer does not work.Didn't know if controller powered it up or ignition switch powered up controller. Thanks for any help
honcho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2021, 12:48 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ignition switch

Is it a series drive or a sepex drive (PDS in 2001)?

Which Alltrax 400A controller AXE, DCX, NCX, NPX, SR, XCT, SP, SPM, Etc.???
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:13 PM   #3
honcho1
Not Yet Wild

xct48400
Old 10-22-2021, 01:14 PM   #4
honcho1
Not Yet Wild

series drive
Old 10-22-2021, 04:23 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by honcho1 View Post
xct48400
Quote:
series drive
You need a series drive controller, such as a SR48400, for a series drive cart and an XCT48400 is a sepex drive controller.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:13 AM   #6
honcho1
Not Yet Wild

ok it's a sepex drive, sorry,it has worked for me for 4 yrs and no trouble at all.I sent the controller back to alltrax and said it was in good shape. My problem is I can't get the thing to light up.Have checked all power wires going to unit and have power going to it. The red wire and red with white stripe wire are both hot, maybe it's a grounding issue. I replaced ignition switch but does the switch fire up controller or does the controller fire up the switch? How much voltage should ignition switch have? Man I am lost on this one Thanks
Old 10-23-2021, 11:08 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
ok it's a sepex drive, sorry,it has worked for me for 4 yrs and no trouble at all.I sent the controller back to alltrax and said it was in good shape. My problem is I can't get the thing to light up.Have checked all power wires going to unit and have power going to it. The red wire and red with white stripe wire are both hot, maybe it's a grounding issue. I replaced ignition switch but does the switch fire up controller or does the controller fire up the switch? How much voltage should ignition switch have? Man I am lost on this one Thanks
Yes to both. The battery pack voltage goes in and out of the controller to the various switches and the solenoid.

The only place "Ground" (B- actually - the electrical circuits are isolated from the cart's frame and body) exists in the drive system is at both ends of the B- cable between battery pack and controller and on the solenoid's blue wire when the solenoid is energized. Voltage on everything else is B+ (battery pack voltage) except the ITS (Throttle) circuit which is 10V pedal up and 6V pedal down.

Sounds like you have a XCT48400-PDS (different suffixes for different sepex drives indicating different plug arrangements). Battery pack voltage is connected to XCT via J1 Pin-4 and J1 Pin-5 100% of the time. It leaves via J3 Pins 1 & 3 and returns via J3 Pins 2 & 4.

Attached is a drawing showing the voltage paths through a stock PDS controller. The XCT voltage paths are slightly different since it powers up (LED comes on - it never is entirely powered down except when run/tow switch is in tow.) when the key is on regardless of what is selected on the F/R switch. A stock PDS controller doesn't power up until the key is on AND a direction is selected on the F/R.

Also attached is a schematic of a XCT in a PDS cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths to solenpoid highlighted.jpg (143.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg XCT in PDS Rev-F.jpg (219.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-23-2021, 12:28 PM   #8
honcho1
Not Yet Wild

thank you very much JohnnieB
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO