lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2021, 03:10 PM   #1
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Quick Extreme Team battery question

I just bought a 72v Extreme Team lithium battery from a local authorized dealer. It came with the battery, the gauge/gauge wire, a shunt, and the charger. No wiring instructions. No owner's manual. No operator's manual. No warranty or registration card. Nothing.

I sent an email to Blake and Sherri last week but have not heard back from them.

For those of you who have purchase one, did you get ANY documentation or instructions?
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2021, 05:06 PM   #2
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Quick Extreme Team battery question

I sent them a few FB messages last week and got nothing back until 5:15am EST this morning.

I put a deposit down on the 48v/100ah kit today. I sure hope it comes with an installation manual.
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:23 PM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

I looked at Extreme Team before I decided to get my ECO battery instead.

The reason I turned away from ET was the lack of documentation on their website. They have all kinds of information available, but nothing that I really needed to know to install one.

I went with the EB because there were no surprises. Documentation was there and several questions were answered by chat 24/7 within 5 minutes. This is unheard of now-days!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 08:32 PM   #4
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
I just bought a 72v Extreme Team lithium battery from a local authorized dealer. It came with the battery, the gauge/gauge wire, a shunt, and the charger. No wiring instructions. No owner's manual. No operator's manual. No warranty or registration card. Nothing.

I sent an email to Blake and Sherri last week but have not heard back from them.

For those of you who have purchase one, did you get ANY documentation or instructions?
Mine came with a copied document on how to wire. No owners manual or operation manual.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #5
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

If they ever get back to me, and if they don't have a wiring schematic or installation guide, I'll volunteer to create a basic one for them that they could post on their website or be able to email to their customers.

Ideally, they should create a group of high quality, professional videos showing step-by-step instructions for installing and setting up their batteries into the most common carts.

I think they are REALLY busy and are experiencing some growing pains. They seem like good people and have had a good reputation for customer service in the past, so I think they are just a little overwhelmed. I just hope that I made the right choice in buying their battery. I'm going to buy another 72v lithium in the spring, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how this one goes.
Old 12-14-2021, 01:55 PM   #6
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
If they ever get back to me, and if they don't have a wiring schematic or installation guide, I'll volunteer to create a basic one for them that they could post on their website or be able to email to their customers.

Ideally, they should create a group of high quality, professional videos showing step-by-step instructions for installing and setting up their batteries into the most common carts.

I think they are REALLY busy and are experiencing some growing pains. They seem like good people and have had a good reputation for customer service in the past, so I think they are just a little overwhelmed. I just hope that I made the right choice in buying their battery. I'm going to buy another 72v lithium in the spring, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how this one goes.
No issues on mine so far I have loved it. What cart are you putting it in? Mine is an ezgo rxv
Old 12-14-2021, 01:59 PM   #7
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
No issues on mine so far I have loved it. What cart are you putting it in? Mine is an ezgo rxv
It's going in a 2014 Precedent. I had a 48v RoyPow but it kept shutting down on me. I'm hoping the 72v ET battery will give me a bunch more power and no shut-downs.
Old 12-14-2021, 04:14 PM   #8
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
It's going in a 2014 Precedent. I had a 48v RoyPow but it kept shutting down on me. I'm hoping the 72v ET battery will give me a bunch more power and no shut-downs.
I remember you having issues with the roypow. I will look tonight and see if I still have install instructions to send you. I think they had instructions for both but not positive.
Old 12-14-2021, 04:15 PM   #9
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
I remember you having issues with the roypow. I will look tonight and see if I still have install instructions to send you. I think they had instructions for both but not positive.
Great! Thanks!
Old 12-14-2021, 05:57 PM   #10
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

I think they emailed me a couple things related to the dash meter. I will look around tonight and try to find them.
mnealuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car