lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2021, 12:18 AM   #1
Wade braswell
Not Yet Wild

Default Controller

Hello. So i have tried to get a factory controller for my 2007 Yamaha ydre without much luck. Ive installed new batteries, installed new solenoid, cleaned all wires, replaced 1 3amp fuse i found. I thought there’s supposed to be a 2nd? But have only found 1 behind drivers seat? I just purchased an alltrax model spm48225 controller. Ive had a couple local people tell me controller was bad. I don’t know 4 sure? Also the alltrax has B-, B+,M-, where the factory 1 head A1,A2, F1,F2 etc. and the alltrax has 4 straight wire connectors where the factory has a plug with like 30 tiny connectors that 1 large plug connects too? Please help
Wade braswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2021, 12:20 AM   #2
Wade braswell
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Controller

I’m willing to send this controller back and get another if i need too?? Ive had this cart for 3years and never rode on it. I’m ready too for sure.
Old 12-24-2021, 05:54 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax SPM controller is for series carts, your Ydre is a sepex drive, so that won't fit! You'll need an Alltrax XCT 48300 / 400, direct fit to Yamaha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210705_142817.jpg (127.8 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 08:39 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Send it back and get the correct controller for your YDRE cart. It is plug and play if you get the correct one. If you have the stock Hitachi motor, it's probably due for new brushes or replacement. They are not very robust motors to put it kindly. (actually they suck)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:38 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You do need an Alltrax XCT controller that has YDRE in the model number.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 06:10 PM   #6
Wade braswell
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the delay. Ive had a busy few days. Thanks for your help. Ill let you know how it turns out.
Old 01-10-2022, 11:16 PM   #7
Wade braswell
Not Yet Wild

Hey there thx again 4 all the help. I got my new controller n. I’m about to hook it up. Directions say to unhook the positive terminal. I have a tow/run switch. If I put on tow do I still need to unhook the positive?
Old 01-11-2022, 05:29 AM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes. There's a fuse coming along with the controller, you'll have to disconnect the pos anyway.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:52 AM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You should Always disconnect a battery terminal when working on your cart!!! The Run/Tow switch only turns off power to the key switch. Battery power is still going to things and you can easily smoke a controller while working on it hot.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha