lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2022, 02:10 PM   #91
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Extreme Team Battery Shutting down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Just an observation from being in a northern State (Pennsylvania) it appears to me that this brand is just a "Southern" kind of battery.

If my Leaf pack shut down at 15 degrees I'd be stuck!!!
I hear ya! Up here one needs a battery at LEAST as dependable as FLAs for year round use. As far as heating is concerned, wrapping a blanket around the batt is fine I guess for guys playing around with their carts once in a while but for 24/7 use 6 months of the year, it is going to get wet and dirty reducing it's effectiveness, plus increasing any fire risk.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2022, 02:37 PM   #92
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
And I misspoke, I received my new BMS and haven't had a chance to install it. I am hoping to this weekend. I'm encouraged that yours only took 20mins. As long as my BMS is located at the top of the battery pack (like it should) then I shouldn't have any issues taking just the top off the pack to switch it out. If I have to take the whole battery out to do it, that will take me a whole weekend easily because of tight clearance of the wires from my headlight kit going right over the top of the battery and not enough slack to slide it out of the way.
I have the 72V 100Ah and the BMS is in the front of the pack. There is a metal divider between the cells and the electronics and the BMS is bolted to the metal divider. You will need to remove the top AND the front panel to have access. An electric screwdriver makes it much faster.

The old BMS cable fasteners are just bolts into the threaded plate, but the new BMS cable fasteners are bolts into the threaded plate PLUS locking nuts on the backside.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 02:40 PM   #93
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
The 160watt 72" long battery heater I bought is too powerful to keep on too long. Yesterday the BMS app said the pack was 12*C, then it shut down after down shortly after "waking" up the bluetooth to check the temp. (About 30-60sec later. I plugged the heater in, set an alarm for one hour, came back and plug the charger in to reset the battery and get it to come back on and the app said the temp was 24*C.
Did you buy that one on Amazon? It says it's supposed to warm up to 65 degrees and maintain that temperature...
Old 02-17-2022, 10:19 PM   #94
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

I did, though I am pretty sure it is made for a non lithium battery which is much more dense than this so I would assume it would need to get up to a higher temp to reach that temp. No idea, just a theory. It works fine, I just have to set an alarm to make sure I don't overheat the battery pack. I'm honestly not even sure I am going to swap the BMS if I can't change it from the top. I have the 72v150ah and the battery pack fills the entire cavity under the seat. I may still take the top off to see if it is doable from the top but so far I've been able to make it work again using this heater. I don't make long runs in cooler/cold temps like a lot of yall do, so if this band aid keeps the cart running long enough to run a short trip and back then so be it. Am I happy about the whole deficiency? No, I'm still irritated about the whole thing. It isn't any fun not knowing if my cart my shut off at anytime but I'm starting to know the parameters that cause it and so far seem to be able to avoid it.
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:20 PM   #95
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
the app said the temp was 24*C.
That's like a warm summer day.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:27 PM   #96
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yeah exactly why I am keeping the alarm method going lol
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 08:36 AM   #97
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Last night it got down to 18ºF, and when I went out this morning to take my dog for his morning run, it was 24ºF - the coldest it has been since I replaced the BMS in my battery. I'm happy to report that the battery worked perfectly!
Old 03-14-2022, 11:09 AM   #98
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
Last night it got down to 18ºF, and when I went out this morning to take my dog for his morning run, it was 24ºF - the coldest it has been since I replaced the BMS in my battery. I'm happy to report that the battery worked perfectly!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 03:31 AM   #99
GT2631
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Most battery shut downs are related to temp sensor low temp protect not set up right in the firmware. Open the app and either turn off temp senser buy replace temp sensor 1 to 0 or lower the low temp protect to -40. Then the bms will work. I have the 72200 model which has the daly 200 amp bms... Those using the ant bms have problems with the cells not staying in balance. If you are savvy enough just replace the bms with a jk bms with 1 amp active balancer and be done. The daLy and small ant bms are only passive balancing around .05 millivolts, so they really don't do anything. Or get the neeeeeeyy bms.. Good bms and the jk.

AND I AM WILD 50MPH WILD.

Last edited by GT2631; 03-02-2024 at 03:35 AM.. Reason: I AM WILD. 50MPH WILD
GT2631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car