lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2022, 09:26 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2016 Club Car - Battery Light and Jerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Over in the "Lithium Battery Forum" there is a discussion going on about the effects of cold on batteries. Cold effects all batteries but Lead Acid batteries are a little more tolerant. If you could warm your batteries up and try driving it might help. Or wait until springtime before you make any decisions about your batteries, but for all I know you might live in sunny Florida. Disregard this if you do.

This is a good point. And my lithiums definitely show their weakness in the cold…

But I did drive with the lead batteries last winter before I switched. 6” of snow and driving hard doing donuts and stuff, I still never dropped below 46v. It would take me an hour of hard driving to get them down to 44v under load. And that’s literally beating the snot out of it, pulling kids on sleds, doing donuts, etc. so regardless of cold or not, there’s definitely a problem here.

It’s just a much worser problem if they are in Florida
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2022, 11:43 AM   #12
EddieBIV
Not Yet Wild

The batteries are Duracell and bought them at Batteries Plus. Neither Duracell or BP will work with us on the issue, so we are left purchasing new batteries. One thing that stands out for me is how much water I add to the batteries when I do check them. ALways add a bunch to get it over plates. THis seems to suggest an issue with the charger (boiling?). Has anyone had issues with the "ERIC" charger? Now worried about buying new batteries and having similar issue that may be charger related.

To answer the last question, I am in SC so cold not a real factor most of the time... has been cold the last week, but nothing severe.

Thanks for all the comments.
EddieBIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 12:44 PM   #13
Cavediver86
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieBIV View Post
The batteries are Duracell and bought them at Batteries Plus. Neither Duracell or BP will work with us on the issue, so we are left purchasing new batteries. One thing that stands out for me is how much water I add to the batteries when I do check them. ALways add a bunch to get it over plates. THis seems to suggest an issue with the charger (boiling?). Has anyone had issues with the "ERIC" charger? Now worried about buying new batteries and having similar issue that may be charger related.

To answer the last question, I am in SC so cold not a real factor most of the time... has been cold the last week, but nothing severe.

Thanks for all the comments.
So you added water to "get over the plates" every time you checked?
Cavediver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 01:13 PM   #14
EddieBIV
Not Yet Wild

Sorry. To clarify. Every two to three weeks when I check batteries I had to add significant amount of water to get it to correct level. In speaking with others it sounds like I have to add way more water than is typical after three weeks of operation.

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:49 PM   #15
EddieBIV
Not Yet Wild

Have learned a bit with the ol' search function... wanted to run this by you all. Seems that when I switched from the original batteries in my cart, I should have updated the charging algorithm in the Eric charger. It appears that I am likely overcharging given the default algorithm. Does this sound like a possible root of the problem? I am working to see if I can get the s/w for the upload of algorithm #71 for Duracell battery ... just need to find a PC I can use to do this. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car