lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #1
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2006 DS conversion to Big Battery 48v 103ah

Figured I would start a new thread in case of any future interest. Got the cart home last night. She needs a little clean up, I will not miss all of the corrosion/water/mess on the floor. I was happy to see there will be enough room to lay the battery side to side in between the frame rails. I will remove the three ribs across and make a new frame to bolt in and cradle the BB. I have a 4-12v to 6-8v conversion kit I bought years ago but never ended up using. I will use the aluminum cross bars from that kit to make the new frame. The BB is about 10" wide and 20" long with the caster wheels and frame removed. This will allow me to remove the battery easily and keep it inside while the cart is in storage for the winter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-2798.jpg (263.5 KB, 0 views)
UpstateNYDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 DS conversion to Big Battery 48v 103ah

I plan on closing up the bottom with some diamond plate. Have to figure out where to mount the 12v reducer, fuse box, and bus bars. I'm think a piece of diamond plate to close of the back of the compartment. It seems the consensus is to eliminate the obc and loop the blue and white wires together, so that will be first. I bought the bigger IP65 on board charger, and plan on replacing the original charging port with the male end 110v plug everyone seems to like. Do any of these wires get reused from the backside of the charge receptacle?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-2802.jpg (221.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-2799.jpg (205.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2022, 06:24 PM   #3
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Your BB installation will be much easier than I had in my '98 DS...
I look forward to seeing your progress.
When you install the 120v. inlet socket, the pigtail will plug directly into the AC input on the charger (at least that's how mine connected.)

Been a while now, but I seem to recall the gray wire from the OEM charger socket needing to be connected elsewhere......
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:52 AM   #4
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ronno6- yes your build had me thinking I would have to mount it the same way as yours. I didn't know that the frames changed over the years. I wasn't looking forward to needing to remove the body every fall to remove the battery. I tried searching this and the regular Club Car forum and couldn't find anything on the charging port wires.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:34 PM   #5
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Making progress have the base down for the batt. Have some heavy duty rubber I’ll put between the diamond plate and it. Going to set my bus bars and shunt on this back lip. Still trying to figure out this obc bypass. I’ve got the original battery pack ground gets removed, new connector on the end after pulling through. Then connect the blue and white wires. Can someone tell me what I do with this other black wire that comes out of the obc down to this junction block?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9FC6100F-BAB0-4A72-A31A-8468C2B1FE02.jpg (282.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 31E4C590-E37C-429C-8F60-5DE9081E12D3.jpg (133.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F4D9BFDE-AC24-409B-B6CA-4F9566E99EA5.jpg (142.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (164.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-26-2022, 07:36 PM   #6
Ronno6
Gone Wild

I can't remember how I did mine, other than I followed the directions found on this forum.....
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:47 AM   #7
mschwing82
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYDS View Post
Making progress have the base down for the batt. Have some heavy duty rubber I’ll put between the diamond plate and it. Going to set my bus bars and shunt on this back lip. Still trying to figure out this obc bypass. I’ve got the original battery pack ground gets removed, new connector on the end after pulling through. Then connect the blue and white wires. Can someone tell me what I do with this other black wire that comes out of the obc down to this junction block?
That wire is the ground for the charger. It runs from the charge port thru the OBC and out to that location. You will remove it with the OBC.
mschwing82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:44 PM   #8
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwing82 View Post
That wire is the ground for the charger. It runs from the charge port thru the OBC and out to that location. You will remove it with the OBC.
Thanks, I'm familiar with that one. This one starts at the back of the obc, runs to a stud, with another wire that runs to the controller at the same connection as the main negative that runs through the obc.
Attached Images
File Type: png neg.png (538.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-28-2022, 09:34 AM   #9
mschwing82
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYDS View Post
Thanks, I'm familiar with that one. This one starts at the back of the obc, runs to a stud, with another wire that runs to the controller at the same connection as the main negative that runs through the obc.
That is the negative for the charger. Usually it runs from the OBC (not the one running thru the OBC) to the negative terminal on the controller but you seem to have an additional post that it runs to then from there to the controller.

Either way you can remove it with the OBC you don't need it.
mschwing82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:42 AM   #10
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwing82 View Post
That is the negative for the charger. Usually it runs from the OBC (not the one running thru the OBC) to the negative terminal on the controller but you seem to have an additional post that it runs to then from there to the controller.

Either way you can remove it with the OBC you don't need it.
Tried that last night and it worked. Thanks for clarifying!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car