lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2022, 08:36 PM   #1
DbAlabama
Not Yet Wild

Question 2018 RXV, turn key on, it jerks, then beeps, no go

Hello, I have 2018 RXV, when I turn the key on, it jerks, then beeps on and off. I can hear the brake engage it seems, and nothing else happens, just beeps. Batteries are new, solenoid is new. Only driven about 3 hours since buying from a custom concepts shop. Not sure where to start troubleshooting. Has anyone heard of this or know where I should start troubleshooting? I have a short video of what it does, but can't upload here.

Last edited by DbAlabama; 04-24-2022 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Disregard this thread, please, answered already
DbAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2022, 04:15 AM   #2
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2018 RXV, turn key on, it jerks, then beeps, no go

Sounds like a bad brake. Usually if the cart jerks during the startup test, the brake isn't holding. Take it apart and clean it up. That will usually make it work temporarily. Make sure the three mounting bolts are clean and don't over tighten them during installation.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:41 AM   #3
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Agree. The brake is not holding on startup. Check and make sure it is plugged in and the connector pins are not bent.
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 08:41 PM   #4
DbAlabama
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the replies. I have installed a new brake and am still getting the same result. The instructions said to energize it before install so I followed the instructions and torqued the 3 bolts to 53inch/lbs. I called the vendor and they recommended swapping the 1 and 3 plugs under the controller cover. I did that and hear the brake opening and closing. It appears to be holding while the brake is on and can move it when brake is off. I just can't get it past that startup test. Any suggestions from here? Brake or accelerator switch? I'm ready to sit it beside the road with a for sale sign.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:49 PM   #5
DbAlabama
Not Yet Wild

I also pulled all the battery cables and cleaned to be sure I'm getting full charge and I keep the batteries charged fully. I have a multimeter, just don't know where to start troubleshooting and what to look for when using it. I have 4 batteries, but the brake I pulled off shows 36 volts and the one I installed shows 36 volts.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:13 PM   #6
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here's the troubleshooting manual for the Curtis controlled RXV. Brake test is page 40.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RXV 48V AC Curtis Advanced Trouble-Shooting Guide.pdf (3.16 MB, 0 views)
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:22 AM   #7
DbAlabama
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, cartdoc1969. I have the manual downloaded and will see what I can do with it. I very much appreciate yours and this forums help.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:23 AM   #8
DbAlabama
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, Southview. Checking it out.

Tags
2018, brake, electrical, rxv, troubleshoot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO