lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2022, 01:57 PM   #1
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 07 Ezgo rxv, dc motor, diagram needed

Hello everyone, since my shop burned to the ground, I have not done much with the carts except my own. My neighbor bought a 2007 Ezgo 48vdc/ with a dc motor. It was sitting for a couple years and didn’t run, seller said it just needed batteries. So new batteries were installed and it still didn’t run. but it was a brake replacement to fix that problem. The cart has been running with no issues for a month or so, but now it runs when it wants to and surges if it does go. I really need a good wiring diagram to help him out. If anyone could provide a diagram or some help, it would be greatly appreciated. I start radiation and chemo Tuesday so I don’t think I’ll feel like helping him in a couple of weeks. Thanks a million
Bill
usagcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2022, 04:11 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07 Ezgo rxv, dc motor, diagram needed

The RXV came out '08 and is a AC drive, so you're probably talking about a TXT cart
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:39 PM   #3
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I will double check, does a txt have a motor brake ? I probably have the year wrong, but it also definitely has a motor brake and a dc motor. I will take a picture and post it tomorrow. Thanks for the quick response because my health and get up and go is going quick
Old 05-08-2022, 04:38 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, with a motor brake it should be a RXV. Enclosed you'll find the Troubleshooting Guide for the early models (2008-2012) with a lot of info incl. the wiring diagram. Wish you all the best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RXV Danaher Codes T-Shoot Guide-2.pdf (2.76 MB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:30 AM   #5
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If it is a RXV the surging could be caused by several things, bad brake, bad pedal sensor, wiring harness, motor bearing encoder or controller. I would start by testing the brake system. Easiest way that I've found is to allow the cart to complete the startup tests. If it passes that, I remove the brake from the motor (keep the connector plugged in and don't turn the cart off). If the cart drives with out surging, it looks like a motor brake. One thing you have to pay attention to using that method..... you will not have the parking and emergency brake. Thy this only on level ground. If that works then I'd disassemble the brake and clean it. Make sure the three mounting bolts are clean and do not over tighten them.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:44 PM   #6
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, the only thing I had correct is it is a RXV, From the pics attached it is a 09 and it is ac motor I think. It says both. I really do appreciate all the replies, I will try to talk my brother in law through some trouble shooting. You mention it COULD be a brake issue, I just put a new motor brake on the cart about 3 weeks ago, maybe I over tightened the bolts?. I will try to keep the post up to date.
Old 05-08-2022, 12:50 PM   #7
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here are the stickers or tags
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5B5B7109-5CC6-493E-AC19-131E5A2C9D0F.jpg (131.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0431768E-17AA-4581-8ABD-5453F1194181.jpg (151.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 39EF67CB-4E08-465E-B490-2F4008A3B3A4.jpg (136.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-08-2022, 02:49 PM   #8
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok so she's a 2009, unless it was changed it should be a Danaher controller. They are good controllers, only issue is finding someone with the handheld diagnostics tool. You can troubleshoot without it but it makes it easier. Was the brake OEM or China knock off or even one listed as HD ?
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:37 PM   #9
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I believe it was the 10lol10 stuff, probably a China knock off. I asked my neighbor for the run down. He says it all started when he went to load the cart on his trailer. He tried to just ease it up the ramp, but he said it wouldn’t go up the ramp so he gave it some more throttle and loaded the cart. So then he wanted to go forward up on the trailer a little more, that’s when it didn’t move. He tried to push it off the trailer and the cart motor brake was engaged so he remembered the run/tow put it in tow and pushed it off the trailer. He didn’t say anything about it surging or lunging, it either goes or not, occasionally it might go a few feet before stopping. I think I am going to give his new batteries a good load test as well as checking his charger.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:48 AM   #10
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My customer maybe charged the batteries once. So I charged them overnight, and cart is running ok. Put the cart back on charge again last night and trying it today. Again I will keep this updated as long as I can. Thanks Cart Doc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO