lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2022, 10:32 PM   #1
TimboOKC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Eco Battery Availability

Hi folks...love the forum and have lurked here since 2018 when I got my 2014 Precedent. I've found a ton of useful info and appreciate learning stuff from everybody.

I'm trying to make the move to lithium since my lead acids are dying and want to go with an Eco 48v 72ah due to the rave reviews on here. Unfortunately, the supply is depleted at every dealer I've called in our region. I have had one reserved since mid-April that was supposed to come in June 1st, but then got delayed to July 1st, and now I learned today that they are looking at Aug 1st. That's become hard to count on after the previous delays and my LA's have 1 foot and about 3.7 toes in the grave.

Are there any recommendations for non-Eco batteries? Or does anyone know a dealer that sells at the MSRP and would ship to Oklahoma? I called every dealer from Eco's website within about 200 miles without any luck. I now have a friend that wants one too so we'd be looking for 2 of them if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!
TimboOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2022, 10:43 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Eco Battery Availability

Call Don plowman at plowmans carts. He usually has the allied batteries in stock. Last I heard a couple weeks ago he did then too.

I was running 2 of them (60aH) in my 2008 DS for about a year. Average ~30 miles range and my only complaint was when it is cold here in Michigan chugging through the snow pulling kids on sleds, they did fine and never went dead. But I did add a 3rd for 90aH this spring just to help spread the load amongst the 3 batteries instead of just 2.

But when it was warm (40 degrees or higher) I didn’t have one single complaint.

He’s got the best prices I’ve seen on them too. His website advertised $729 per battery right now, quite a bit less than MSRP buying direct from allied even.

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1649528878&v=2

With 90aH I’m looking at around 50 miles range (calculated). I haven’t tried to push them that far and don’t intend to, but lowest I’ve run them is about 30 miles on a charge and it showed 45% remaining on my renogy meter still
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:52 PM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboOKC View Post
Hi folks...love the forum and have lurked here since 2018 when I got my 2014 Precedent. I've found a ton of useful info and appreciate learning stuff from everybody.

I'm trying to make the move to lithium since my lead acids are dying and want to go with an Eco 48v 72ah due to the rave reviews on here. Unfortunately, the supply is depleted at every dealer I've called in our region. I have had one reserved since mid-April that was supposed to come in June 1st, but then got delayed to July 1st, and now I learned today that they are looking at Aug 1st. That's become hard to count on after the previous delays and my LA's have 1 foot and about 3.7 toes in the grave.

Are there any recommendations for non-Eco batteries? Or does anyone know a dealer that sells at the MSRP and would ship to Oklahoma? I called every dealer from Eco's website within about 200 miles without any luck. I now have a friend that wants one too so we'd be looking for 2 of them if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Scotty B, forum member and site sponsor is a dealer for Eco Battery. It may be worthwhile contacting him to see what he can do for you.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ads/...Odz09&z=20&d=1

This Page:https://www.cartsunlimited.net/eco-b...ium-combo.html
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:56 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Scotty B, forum member and site sponsor is a dealer for Eco Battery. It may be worthwhile contacting him to see what he can do for you.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ads/...Odz09&z=20&d=1

This Page:https://www.cartsunlimited.net/eco-b...ium-combo.html
We have sold out everything we are waiting for right now - thank you
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 02:26 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We have sold out everything we are waiting for right now - thank you
At least we have our personal ones for now so we can brag about how great they are!
Old 06-30-2022, 03:42 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
At least we have our personal ones for now so we can brag about how great they are!
Yeah but that last one sold was supposed to be mine too - We were too slow disabling the button. But I'm sure it went to a good home.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:00 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yeah but that last one sold was supposed to be mine too - We were too slow disabling the button. But I'm sure it went to a good home.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:50 AM   #8
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Can a Lester Summit be used on any of these batteries? Noticed on a ReLIon page it was an approved charger but then nothing in the app.
Was looking at the plowman’s, but the ECO (when available) looks to have a much better amp draw, does it matter?
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:58 AM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC53 View Post
Can a Lester Summit be used on any of these batteries? Noticed on a ReLIon page it was an approved charger but then nothing in the app.
Was looking at the plowman’s, but the ECO (when available) looks to have a much better amp draw, does it matter?
Your series cart will work very good with any lithium battery setup. Power-wise, the controller does not care what battery is used, FLA, AGM, Lithium, etc.
48 volts is 48 volts.

I am partial to Eco Battery and can't say enough good about it. Only downside is its popularity. Since October of last year, they are hard to come by. Get on a local dealers list or on Scotty B's list. Scotty's shipping charge to your door is very reasonable. And E.B. is a sponsor of BGW.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:19 AM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
. And E.B. is a sponsor of BGW.
So is allied. And plowman's (who sells them, and usually has them in stock)

And to answer your question re current ratings, the eco and allied are pretty comparable with one another. I chose allied because I didn’t have to make any modifications to install them since they’re the same size and shape as a regular battery.

Below is a 65aH allied compared to a 72aH eco. Slightly different setup than I have, I’ve got 3 of the 48v 30aH batteries for 90aH. You also have to keep in mind that even though your controller is rated at 250 or 500 or whatever amps, it’s not going to draw that much often, if ever. My cart cruising at around 25mph draws around 50 amps give or take. The most I’ve seen it draw is about 150 and that’s REALLY beating on it doing donuts in the snow with a cart full of kids
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A4BC590F-6887-45A9-B161-08A3C46D56EA.jpg (56.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 516C83C7-92E7-49A3-B440-06F65C87ED3C.jpg (52.8 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car