lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2022, 09:25 AM   #1
billyvray
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 CC DS - not going, controller bad? others?

97 CC DS - 48v, D&D motor, D&D controller, brand new batteries, still has Vglide potentiometer.
It has been running great since replacing the motor last year, and the batteries this spring (22). Just the other day it just wouldn't go. Then it would go a few feet and stop. Turn off, back on, might jump or skip, but won't stay going.
What I've done: Read all the threads on here I could find.
I have removed the FNR switch and cleaned it with steel wool. Nice and Shiny.
I removed the V-glide and cleaned the contacts the same way. Nice n shiny.
I am getting a nice hard click out of the solenoid when engaging the foot pedal.

I seem to be getting voltage where it should be. I am stuck and would appreciate any help on troubleshooting the controller, V-glide, or any other ideas.

Bill
billyvray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2022, 11:01 AM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 97 CC DS - not going, controller bad? others?

It could be your solenoid. It may click but not make contact across the main power terminals.

Jack up the rear of cart and check for voltage on both sides of the main solenoid contacts to pack negative. You should have 48 volts on both sides of the solenoid when you energize it.

Also check for 48 volts across the main terminals. You should have 48 volts with no pedal and zero volts when it is energized.

Scotty has good troubleshooting tips

:https://www.cartsunlimited.net/troub...ting-tips.html
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:42 AM   #3
billyvray
Not Yet Wild

I have good voltage (51v) every where.
After solenoid and after fnr switch (with pedal pressed) and at the positive of the controller.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:49 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you have it between M- and B+ of the controller?

Do you have it at F1 and F2 or S1 and S2 if series motor?

You can use the Alltrax toolkit to see what is going on with the inputs and outputs of the controller.

Also, check all motor and controller power wires to see if there is a loose connection.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:15 AM   #5
billyvray
Not Yet Wild

Yes, with the pedal pressed I get system voltage at each of these points on the controller and on s1,s2 .

I checked yesterday and had it and again this morning. Oddly, this morning the wheel spun in forward and reverse, and it did not yesterday.
I took it for a test ride, went about 10 feet and quit.
I immediately did the same checks for pack voltage on the controller lugs and motor and got 50v at all points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Do you have it between M- and B+ of the controller?

Do you have it at F1 and F2 or S1 and S2 if series motor?

You can use the Alltrax toolkit to see what is going on with the inputs and outputs of the controller.

Also, check all motor and controller power wires to see if there is a loose connection.
Old 07-10-2022, 06:44 AM   #6
billyvray
Not Yet Wild

I've been chasing down wires also, so far I haven't found any bad connections.

Anyone know about the control wiring and if that may cause this?
Old 07-10-2022, 10:46 AM   #7
billyvray
Not Yet Wild

I was suspicious of the V-glide. I unplugged the wires that plug into the controller and the resistance varied correctly about 5k.

I also took apart the FNR switch (again) and looked it over. Nothing amiss.

I'm really stumped.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:52 PM   #8
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you have a windows laptop that you can hook up to the Alltrax? Did D&D give you an Alltrax schematic for what you have? If so, scan it and post it here.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:43 AM   #9
billyvray
Not Yet Wild

I do have a windows laptop.
I don't have any docs on the controller. It was in the cart when I got it.

I have been in touch with a tech guy at D&D. I'll ask if there's a way for me to connect to it.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:49 AM   #10
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I had a similar behavior (but not running v-glide anymore) and replaced the 0-5k throttle pedal and the FNR switch and didn't get anywhere. After calling Alltrax and doing some troubleshooting with the toolkit software, they suggested I rewire and stop using the J1-Black connection to the Solenoid neg and instead put a ring terminal on a wire going right from the solenoid negative to the battery main negative. After doing this my cart was back up to full operation and been running great ever since. Apparently the J1-Black connection on the Alltrax stopped working properly. Not sure if you v-glide setup is using the J1-Black connection but you might want to call Alltrax. Maybe a bad resistor or loose jumper in the v-glide?
97ccds-custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car