lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2022, 12:14 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Club Car DS (refurb) losing charge

That meter will work perfectly fine. To be honest that’s a nicer meter than the one I use every day at work, and I do electrical diag for a living

And yes, hook the (-) lead to the pack negative terminal and the (+) lead to the pack positive terminal so you’re measuring the voltage of all 6 batteries combined
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2022, 11:40 PM   #12
La Vida Lago
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So far so good. I changed the terminal and patched the cables until I get new ones. The voltmeter I purchased (Commercial Electric) does not show a decimal when measuring voltage, so I’m exchanging for one that will. In the meantime, the car charged as expected and all batteries are showing 8.6v. (Up to 9v I get a decimal). Once I get a different voltmeter I will do the load test and report back readings. Thanks to all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95FE4964-1035-4B6C-9107-F39C8032ACF3.jpg (220.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4C666BA0-B009-4857-B593-0B0A79165560.jpg (163.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 89C96917-8BEF-4B0E-8070-36C93AAF57B6.jpg (219.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by La Vida Lago; 08-14-2022 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: Spell
La Vida Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:29 AM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

An electricians multimeter is less useful for a cart than it might seem.

Automotive type voltmeters have better functions for DC electronics and cart type circuits.
I've been using Craftsman multimeters for several years now. Basic, but surrounded with rubber grip so they take a beating and keep working. Voltmeters don't get a nice life in my shop. Mine fell off the top of the backhoe when I was checking wiring to the lights. Picked it up off the floor and put it right back on the roof.
Can get them at Lowes for about $50
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 09:47 AM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
An electricians multimeter is less useful for a cart than it might seem.

Automotive type voltmeters have better functions for DC electronics and cart type circuits.
I've been using Craftsman multimeters for several years now. Basic, but surrounded with rubber grip so they take a beating and keep working. Voltmeters don't get a nice life in my shop. Mine fell off the top of the backhoe when I was checking wiring to the lights. Picked it up off the floor and put it right back on the roof.
Can get them at Lowes for about $50
They give all the technicians at work those same craftsman meters. They seem to work well and last through the beatings they receive well in the plant
My “beater meter” at work is a $13 Amazon special. I bought that so if I leave it in a car, lose it, gets ruined, whatever I’m only out 13 bucks, not a big deal. Aside from being a little slow to respond to resistance readings, I do compare it to my fluke 287 periodically just to verify it’s still accurate (because after all, it IS a $13 meter ) and it seems to do just fine. M

My fluke 115… yeah that one’s been through hell, back home, and made that trip enough times it’s earned enough frequent flyer miles for a free vacation to Hawaii it still doesn’t miss a beat
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:05 AM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

For what they are they work very well IMO. Battery life is good, they're reasonably tough, drops, falls, tumbles, "accidentally" throwing it across the shop, etc. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be water-proof or water resistant, but I did leave mine on the back of a cart once when I was washing it. Only realized after it was soaked, Dried it off and it's still kickin.
And if you F it up it's not that expensive to replace.

But anyway, enough about DVMs...
Battery repair looks pretty good, but if I were you I'd replace all of those cables so you don't have problems with damaged cable ends. When copper overheats the resistance increases and you can end up with hot spots in the cable that will cause more damage.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery terminal, club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car