lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2022, 10:45 AM   #1
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default Street legal cart???

I have more people interested in getting there cart street legal in Florida. I have the guide lines of what is required, however what exactly is a Manufactures certificate of origin and how do you get one?
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2022, 11:36 AM   #2
JohnnyCrash5150
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Street legal cart???

Also interested in this answer. I live in a golf course community in the Tampa area, we drive the carts everywhere inside and outside the community with no issues. Doesnt seem like anyone has LSV credentials really....but would like to know how to do it because its just a matter of time before it is enforced...we are always one accident away from something like that happening.
JohnnyCrash5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 11:41 AM   #3
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Here is a link with some good info. https://www.flhsmv.gov/safety-center...peed-vehicles/

Locally they are cracking down on carts not because they are a problem, but the 4 wheelers and side by sides are causing issues so they have to cover everyone
Old 08-11-2022, 11:45 AM   #4
JohnnyCrash5150
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokebuggy View Post
Here is a link with some good info. https://www.flhsmv.gov/safety-center...peed-vehicles/

Locally they are cracking down on carts not because they are a problem, but the 4 wheelers and side by sides are causing issues so they have to cover everyone
Yes! Ive been seeing a lot of UTVs and SXS on the road lately, even some on the course used as golf carts. I dont have a problem with it, but Im sure the state/county will eventually. I love the freedom here after living in NJ all of my life.
JohnnyCrash5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 08:51 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

A Manufactures certificate of origin is considered the title until the state actually issues a title. To get mine I had to go to the dealer I bought it from and they requested it from Club Car.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 03:43 PM   #6
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Town is angry. Getting more and more calls of people getting pulled over and warned. However I have had to highlight for them according to the law, even if your cart is street legal the roads you are driving on have to be designated for golf cart use. It’s a shame cause they are willing to spend the money to get them legal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25331E0C-489C-467B-9CCE-511DD07B2630.jpg (193.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car