lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2022, 08:52 AM   #1
wmitchell126
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 48V Charger reports

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2015 Precedent 48V and I installed a new digital voltage meter because the last bar meter was showing a full charge. Now, the digital meter only reads 82%, sometimes getting as high as 87%. I bought all brand new batteries a month ago and upgraded the cables and the cart runs fast! I put my multimeter on the batteries and I get 52-53 volts after a full charge. Do you think I just wired the digital meter wrong? How can I run charging reports off of my club car charger?
wmitchell126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2022, 01:41 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48V Charger reports

I would suspect the digital meter needs to be calibrated for 100%.

Connect the charger and let it run full cycle until it shuts off. 12 hours later calibrate the pack voltage as 100% on the meter.

The calculation methods are different so check with the meter manufacturer.

What you should end up with is a pack voltage of around 50.93 volts. This will be calibrated as 100%.

If possible with your meter, calibrate your minimum operating voltage of 48.4 volts as 50%. At this point you need to be home or you might not get there.

As far as charging reports from the Club Car charger, I know nothing about that.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:49 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 48V Charger reports

What batteries did you put in it?
If you're still using the Club Car ERIC charger you need to update the algorithm to match the batteries. Otherwise they will not charge properly.

Unplug you digital meter so it can reset, and plug it back in while the pack is at a full charge and it should reset back to 100%. Typically those types of meters are useless and you're better off to just rely on the actual pack voltage compared to a SOC chart rather than whatever those % meters show.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car