lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
FattKat53
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 87 marathon keeps quiting

I have a 1987 36V marathon. I fully charged it up. It will run almost all the way around the block but then will start losing power till it comes to a complete stop. It wont go fowards or backwards, It's completly Dead. But you wait about 5 mins and it will go again then starts losing power again. Anybody got any idea what may be wrong. This is my first cart and I know nothing about electric carts. ........ Thanks
FattKat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
mreedyclax
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 marathon keeps quiting

I have a 2004 txt 36 volt that does the same thing . My baterys have been kept charged and watered since new and check 6.6 or 6.7 volts on each one. I really enjoyed this cart until it started this and now I am afraid to go far (I am in a wheel chair), away from home. Some one please help! It seems like something is getting hot and when it cools down it will go on. I checked all connections except on the motor.
mreedyclax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:08 AM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 marathon keeps quiting

I'll respond mostly just to bump your threads along , and since I'm grateful for all of the help I received here, I like to do the small work for the big guns.

For starters, it usually works better if you start your own thread that's particular to your cart. The problems sound similar, but could be totally different to fix, and we still don't know what type of drive system is in either cart. Use the link below to tell.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html

To my rookie ears, it sounds like a battery or temp shutdown in both cases. I know the op posted good individual battery voltages, but maybe testing them under load would help. Again, total novice here, but if the cart goes for a bit, then shuts down, it would lead you to think everything works until it gets hot or rubs out of juice.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO