lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
gpshemi
Getting Wild

Default 2001 typical speed?

Relatively new to the cart thing. A buddy of mine has an electric getting 18mph (stock). A buddy of his has a gas (perhaps not stock) getting 21 out of his. Just getting mine the other week I thought it felt slow. Really slow.

So I took the GPS on a trip this weekend and clocked 15mph topped out. So I checked some loose links and came up with 17. That's about all I can get out of her. Is that typical? Seems to rip getting up to speed, then falls flat when it hits the speed limiter - which I assume is the adjustment in the rear end that's safety wired from the factory. Yes?

What should I do here? I don't have a manual or anything to adjust stuff.
gpshemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
Loud & Lifted
Here for the beer

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 typical speed?

You'll have to adjust the gov.(on the rearend) to get more out of it. I get around 22 23 out of mine. If your cart is still under warranty you might wanna check to see if this will void it. (Not sure if it will)
Loud & Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
gpshemi
Getting Wild

It can't be under warranty at this point. It's a 2001, several owners, and lifted ect.

So, is 15mph typical then for a factory cart? Looks like I need to cut the wire tie then and run the adjustment knob in or out. There appears to be plenty of travel in either direction. So that's good. Does it limit motor rpm's or what?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
Loud & Lifted
Here for the beer

E-Z-GO

Run it in. You'll just have to play with it. Adjust it then drive it and so on. If you hit the rev limiter back it off some. (you'll hear the rev limiter) After you adjust it the cart will be some what jerky at slow speeds so you might wanna adjust it according to the way you drive it and the terrain you drive on.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
gpshemi
Getting Wild

Hmm...it's already jerking at slow speeds. It can't idle at rest. It's hitting the off switch all the time. Slowest I seem to be able to go is 8-10mph. It's either going or off. Anyone have a shop manual for any of these adjustments?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
Loud & Lifted
Here for the beer

E-Z-GO

Look in the Ez-Go gas tech section. Look at thread gov adjustment 4 stroke
Old 09-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
gpshemi
Getting Wild

I will...thanks.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

these carts do not idle.

Facroty these carts run 15mph. Now I see you ahve 20 inch tall tires do your buddines have 22 or bigger. the tire size changes the gear ratio and makes you go faster at said RPM.

I put a set of 23" on an elec RXV and it went 26MPH. everything else is stock. Not lift, just bolted them on and went. They were street tires. Factory that cart is set at 19.8mph.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
gpshemi
Getting Wild

The electric was stock tires. I'm not sure on the other. I suspect it's lifted since he mentioned it sitting higher. That would lead me to suspect larger tires. My 20's are too small. Looking for something else. So that should help the top end some I suspect. Maybe between a gov tweak and the tires I'll be satisfied...for a while. LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO