lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2021, 04:51 PM   #21
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: EZGO 3 Position Key Switch Wiring diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Perfectly ok. I go through one key switch a season because I’m not running a relay on my lights. High current takes its toll.
I'm sure it does. Just thought if I'm going to replace it anyway I'd rather not have it all running through the key switch. Thanks gorno!

BTW, I edited my post above to DCS. Make any difference?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2021, 12:06 PM   #22
Jamesn71
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
I just figured out the confusion. You are overthinking the switch functions. The first position energizes the motor circuits. Second position does NOT ALTER the first position at all. Position 1 remains energized until the key comes back to home. Position two throws a second separate switch for the lights. Since you must pass position one to get to position two the motor is still active and now the lights are also.
Thats actually what I thought but when checking continuity i found two totally separate connections. It appears you can only have two separate circuits but not both at the same time. As far as setting the lights to the furthest position I just it doesn't really matter. I just figured I would avoid accidentally turning them on during the day by making it the farthest over.
Jamesn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #23
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesn71 View Post
Thats actually what I thought but when checking continuity i found two totally separate connections.
Correct. This is what you want. Two separate electrical circuits controlled by the same mechanical device (key switch).
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO