lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

Default Ez Go 22337-G1 belt

Installed a new 1" shorter belt on my 05 TXT 295 Robin and decided to put the longer belt back on the cart. I didn't see any difference in power or torque. Is there anything I'm missing? I didn't see immediate throttle response and really didn't lose any top end. Install however was more difficult than the longer belt. I was still running at 20.4 mph on the top end. All help is appreciated.
seacrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 28 degree belt

There is no such thing as a 28 degree belt. Belts are belts - The 28 degree is different clutch. Who, What or Where is someone saying they have a 28 degree belt?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 22337-G1 belt

I'm using the 1" shorter belt. Sorry for the error. I fixed my initial post so it makes better sense. Again, my error.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have larger than stock tires, you may want to convert your clutch to a 28 degree. That's the only way to get back the "giddyup'. If you're running stock tires and don't have good acceleration, you probably need a tune up and/or valve adjustment. The TXT runs pretty good stock, big tires kill it. I bought the 28 to overcome the power drain from 22" tires.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
seacrets
Not Yet Wild

I've got 10" rims with 22" strykers. It also has a 4" Jake's lift. Thanks for the info. It runs ok. I was trying to get a little more low end power out of her. I'll look into a 28 degree clutch. Appreciate the help.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 28 degree clutch will not change the starting gear ratio. It will hold it in a lower gear longer once you start moving... if you want a lower starting gear you will have to modify the clutch to run the belt up higher in the shieves....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO