lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
RANGERFORTHEGOLD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Assesories For Older Ezgo Gas

HEY GUYS,
IM NEW TO THE CART WORLD AND TO THIS FORUM, AND LIKE ANYBODY ELSE THATS NEW TO SOMETHING, I NEED SOME DIRECTION. I JUST BOUGHT A EZGO FROM A BUDDY OF MINE FOR 200 BUCKS I BELIEVE THAT ITS A EARLY EIGHTIES MODEL. I NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GET ASSESORIES FOR THIS CART, I KIND OF WANT TO A WILD LIFT AND SOME EXTREME TIRES. I AM GOING TO USE IT FOR HUNTING AND FOR RANDOM CAR SHOWS AND WHEN I JUST DONT FEEL LIKE WALKING 10 MILES. ANYTHING WILL HELP THOUGH.

THANKS
DANIEL
RANGERFORTHEGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Assesories For Older Ezgo Gas

Not much for those carts, it's really mostly custom made stuff for them. you can get a lift and tires but not much else.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
RANGERFORTHEGOLD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thats What I Was Afraid Of. Ill Just Have To Make Some Custom Pieces Then, That Dont Bother Me, I Want To Do Alot Of Diamond Plate, Mostly On The Floorboard, Rockers, Bagwell, Fender Accents, And Maybe Some Skidplate Work, I Want To Go Up About Ten Inches, Do You Think That I Could Find A Lift Kit That Big, Or Is It Going To Be Custom?
Old 12-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
TVH
Getting Wild

It helps that diamond plate, aluminum any way is pretty easy to work with. I have cut it to size on my table saw using a 40 tooth carbide tipped blade. The edges can be sanded with a belt sander and cleaned up. It drills nice too. I have a Marathon also and we have lifted it 8" using a drop axle and bigger blocks where the springs mount to the frame. For the rear axle we just added to the existing lift, I had a friend with a welder do it for me. Ruredy says not to tilt the engine too much or it will starve for oil. Good advice.
I did see a brush guard is available for it but don't remember where I saw it.
TVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
RANGERFORTHEGOLD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks For The Tips On The Diamond Plate. Im A Mechanic By Trade, I Havent Had A Chance To Work With Shaping Metals. Also, This Forum Is Awesome! I Have Got The Fastest, Best Replies That I Have Ever Had From A Forum. Thanks Guys
Old 12-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
TVH
Getting Wild

If you are a mechanic you are golden. I am a carpenter who has learned how to do some of the mechanical work on a golf cart, thanks to this and other forums like it. Have fun with your project!
TVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
RANGERFORTHEGOLD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The Basics Of Mechanics Are The Same No Matter What Your Working On, But Golf Carts Are An Entirely Different Animal. I Believe That The Carb Is Bad On My Marathon, IT DOESNT TAKE FUEL BUT YOU CAN RUN IT FOR A MIN. WITH STARTING FLUID. I Have Heard That Is A Very Common Problem On These Carts. Can I Rebuild It, Or Do I Have To Buy A New One? ALSO, I WANT TO DO A HUGE LIFT (10" OR MORE) WITH 6" OR MORE OF TRAVEL. I THOUGHT ABOUT A GO-CART ENGINE AND A LIVE AXLE IN THE REAR, FOUR LINK FOR SURE. BUT THAT WOULD ELIMINATE REVERSE, AND I DONT KNOW HOW I FEEL ON THAT YET SINCE IM GOING TO BE IN THE WOODS WITH IT ALOT MORE THAN I WILL ANYWHERE ELSE.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
WGW Foods
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the fuel pump and clean the carb. Starting fluid has no oil in it and will hurt your motor. When I was rebuilding mine I used premix in a spray bottle.Good luck
WGW Foods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #9
RANGERFORTHEGOLD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=RANGERFORTHEGOLD;325370]The Basics Of Mechanics Are The Same No Matter What Your Working On, But Golf Carts Are An Entirely Different Animal. I Believe That The Carb Is Bad On My Marathon, IT DOESNT TAKE FUEL BUT YOU CAN RUN IT FOR A MIN. WITH STARTING FLUID. I Have Heard That Is A Very Common Problem On These Carts. Can I Rebuild It, Or Do I Have To Buy A New One?
Old 12-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #10
RANGERFORTHEGOLD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is There Any Way That I Could Have Reverse With A Kart Engine? Is There An Axle Strong Enough To Hold A Racing Kart Motor That Would Allow Me To Have Reverse?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO