lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default st480 running issues

I have a 04 st480 with a new/rebuilt eng 16hp b&s and new clutches. the cart itself has about 1000 hrs on it. i am having an issue with it still running after you stop. I have cleaned out the carb, installed 2 new fuel filters and even added a throttle return spring. Some of the older EZGO techs i have in my area stated that was a common problem with the st480. It doesn't do it all the time, maybe 1 out of 8 stops. Sometime it will run 5 seconds after stop and then sometimes it will run 20/30 seconds after you stop.

Could it need a new carb or is this just an issue with these carts? He bought the cart used with 150 hrs on it years ago and he stated it did it then, I am just trying to solve this issue for him. Any help woudl be appreciated. thanks in advance
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: st480 running issues

I have always thought this to be a grounding issue/problem and has nothing to do with the carb. I would try running a ground on the engine, engine cradle, and to the cart frame. It's just all the rubber mounts isolate the engine and cradle at times and the vtwin doesn't know your trying to turn it off.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

It turns off when you turn off the key (should have made myself more clear). I have added another grnd. He had a no start issue accasionally and that solved that. Its just runs after you ride and than take your foot off the accelerator and stop, leave key on.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
It turns off when you turn off the key (should have made myself more clear). I have added another grnd. He had a no start issue accasionally and that solved that. Its just runs after you ride and than take your foot off the accelerator and stop, leave key on.
yes, I know
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO