lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
pikuni
Not Yet Wild

Default HEI Conversion question

I am a newbie and I found the diagram to do the HEI conversion but I have a couple questions. Where does the black wire, which i assume is the ground, connect to on the HEI module, it appears to go to connection C but the orange wire looks like it goes there also. My other question is on the new coil there are 4 connectors ( I have a GM coil) 2 on each side is one side negative with 2 connections and the other side positive with 2 connections and you just make sure you connect orange on negative and green on positive. Sorry if these are dumb questions but just want to make sure I get it right.
pikuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
pikuni
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: HEI Conversion question

come on someone must have done this and knows the answer
Old 04-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
pikuni
Not Yet Wild

any takers?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just did mine this weekend and it worked great. The ground wire you are asking about goes on one of the mounting screws, not on one of the 4 male tabs. You should also make sure you scratch away all the paint under the HEI module and use some dielectric grease to make good contact. As far as the coil, someone said one side is + and one side is -, the two tabs are for coil and tach (so I am told). Ask anyone/mechanic who worked on GM vehicles in the 70's which is which.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO