lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Aussie cyclone.

Good luck! I have been through too many of those buggers in the past few years with Rita and Ike! As soon as you get power and internet back up, shoot us a post and stay safe!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It looks like this could become a Category 5 storm and more flooding of course ... evacuation is the only sensible thing to do. Good Luck and Run!

YASI
more info at:
http://links.visibli.com/links/a54819
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (156.6 KB, 72 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

And this news from twitter.......

" This yeah we've had floods, bush-fires, droughts, cyclones and now the freaking Queen is coming? Hasn't Australia suffered enough? "
Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #14
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

GET THE "H---" OUT OF THERE UNTIL ITS OVER. I live on Texas coast and have been through 5 bad hurricanes so far and can tell you its no fun? I have had up to 125 MPH ( Dont know how that relates to your measurments ) that amounts to catgory 4?? and been very lucky to only have minor damage because I have home and belongings well protected.
Contact us when you can as we will be worried?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #15
down under
Just Don't Touch.

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
And this news from twitter.......

" This yeah we've had floods, bush-fires, droughts, cyclones and now the freaking Queen is coming? Hasn't Australia suffered enough? "
G/day Scotty, Yeah I know what they mean,we have been trying to become a republic,away from Monarchy for years,now they look like winning.
DON, old mate,news just coming through at this moment,we might be very lucky
the winds in our area have started but very mild to what to what the north part of state is going to cop,they say we will be on edge of cyclone,but aussiecart another BGW member will really get full brunt,Don our 250k's is roughly 150mph.Like you Iam old school I still use imperial measurement,they tell centermeter and I have to revert back to inch and foot so I know how bloody long it is.MY BROTHER HAS BEEN TYING BRICK WORK TO GETHER WITH
rsj'S.WILL TRY AND KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED.
down under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #16
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Where does member down under fall for date and time?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #17
down under
Just Don't Touch.

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Where does member down under fall for date and time?
Aussiecart,lives in yeppon,they are an hour behind us ,as they don't use
daylight savings,as I type it is 1030am in cyclone area and that is wednesday overhere,the main force will hit at 10pm now it is upgraded force 5,the winds will be 20mph stronger than cyclone tracy which wiped out Darwin years ago.this country of ours is unreal,north east just finished floods and this cyclone is going to dump another 24inches in 24hours,down south in victoria had floods two months ago ,are now being devastated with bushfires,west coast are being flooded at present.to top it all off the bloody Queen wants to make a visit.
p.s that's a great year "42"

Last edited by down under; 02-01-2011 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: overlooked one item
Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #18
down under
Just Don't Touch.

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
GET THE "H---" OUT OF THERE UNTIL ITS OVER. I live on Texas coast and have been through 5 bad hurricanes so far and can tell you its no fun? I have had up to 125 MPH ( Dont know how that relates to your measurments ) that amounts to catgory 4?? and been very lucky to only have minor damage because I have home and belongings well protected.
Don,looks like we will be safe,but my brothers and sisters won't be so lucky.
the cyclone has just passed willis Island where all the weather bureau has all equiptment,every thing has been wiped out. The last reading was 300kph,in your jargon,180 mph,its the worst in over a century.My brother has gone off air last word was in three hours time before cyclone hits the winds on the coast will be 170mph,it will be hitting at 9.30pm which is king tide time and the highest flood level ever record in your area will be 20 ft above,the eye is 21miles wide.
will let U guys know when we get word.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like all hell is about to descend upon you all. Please keep us posted as we are quite worried for you all.

Prayers for everyone's safety from California
Old 02-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #20
down under
Just Don't Touch.

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Don, all I can say is thank God for early warning systems,The town of Cardwell and Tully coped the brunt as it moved further south,best news so far no lose of life,but there are hundred of small communities we will not know about for two or three days,no word from brother but everything is cutoff,navy plane said telegraph poles are all broken just above ground for a hundred miles,three huge pleasure yachts are stranded about three blocks up from ocean,all crops in area hit are gone Banana's sugar cane and pineapples,mangoes all gone and now all crops below are going to be washed away with flood waters,Its just about to hit Mt Isa 250 miles in land but has dropped to catagory 2.people out there have never seen wind over 5mph.
will let you know more when they finally get through. Rick.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car