lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2017, 09:33 PM   #21
BigInchCC
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hauling with carrier behind RV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanager View Post
BigInchCC, I am in the process of building rack similar to yours. Do you have pictures showing how you attached this to the frame? I have for 2 years hauled my Harley on back 800lbs with my old 5er. I just bought new one and also picked up golf cart so I need to be sure it can handle the 1000 lbs
Sorry I never thought to take progress pic's. I designed the carrier on a 4 attach point system. the 2 main support's were through the rear fiberglass cap and the 2 support points were inset and fitted underneath the cap. all 4 receivers were welded to the I beam frame of the trailer. The main web was made from 4" x .250" box steel. My golf cart is a 48V Club Car weighing about 950lb. or so, the rack came is at about 450lbs when finished so plan on adding 1400 to 1500 lbs. to the back of your rig. I added a 3rd axle to mine which took care of my worries over that 78 mph mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keystone 345s 009.JPG (235.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Keystone 345s 007.JPG (234.1 KB, 0 views)
BigInchCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2017, 09:54 PM   #22
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Hauling with carrier behind RV?

In the link to the photo (1st post) it is behind a motor home, not a 5th wheel. If the trailer (rv) can support it, I don't know why it would not be legal as long as you don't TOW something behind the 5th wheel RV.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car