lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #11
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: old yami 2 stroke

cool thank you. does anyone by chance have a pic with a blaster exhaust or a banshee exhaust installed? and i'm not worried about blowing the top end. amsoil dominator oil does wonders.. just have to block that stupid oil injection sh!t off. i had actually cold seized my blaster engine 4 times in one day and it didn't hurt it lol. the quad was not stock it was very fast and it was colder than 10 out. 75 mph flat out accross the fields would give to much cooling to that air cooled engine and it would lock the tires up. wait 5 minutes kick it back over and you were good to go again. i've had the top end off to check it out (could not believe that it wasn't destroyed) and after 2 seasons of drag racing it i sold the complete engine on ebay and the guy loved it and had no problems with it.
frankr2994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

I am an Amoil fan also. but, with the injection pump, the more throttle you give it, the more oil the cylinder gets to keep lubed. Premix wont do that. I blocked off the pump on my Yamaha snowmobile. It is working so far!! KNOCK, KNOCK!
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #13
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The oil injection system varies the oil:fuel ratio between 1:150 and 1:300 depending on engine load. This is fine with the stock engine and tuning which is governed at max 12 MPH and about 2700 RPM. Since you want to run at higher RPM's for higher speed, it probably would be best to premix to insure proper lubrication. A synthetic oil would be preferable to a standard petroleum oil. Just disconnect the hoses, plug the oil injection fitting on the carb, remove the oil tank and the pump on the engine. Leave the inner half of the gearcase cover, as it helps retain the crankshaft oil seal.
Pix of Banshee exhaust setups:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCI0903.jpg (188.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg PB140118.jpg (117.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg PB140120.jpg (113.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg PB140121.jpg (108.5 KB, 25 views)
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Hey GMB. What is the power difference than stock??
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:34 AM   #15
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I haven't done the exhaust mod. These are some images I pulled off this site when I was toying with the idea. Do a search, maybe you can find the original poster and ask them. Maybe it was Tikicart?
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
frankr2994
Not Yet Wild

hey thanks for the exhaust pics. i have a kx250 fmf pipe an old one that i think i will fab up.. and about the oil injection putting it in a 150 to 1... wtf. no it doesn't. most oil injection systems dump it in at about 20 to 1. good for no blowing the top end but also usually to much oil. amsoil dominator at 50:1 works great. and it doesn't have to vary it...the more gas goes in the more oil. its always going to dump it in at 50:1 you would be surprised to know that a properly tuned 2 stroke ( correct jetting down to the outside temp) running that oil at 50:1 does not smoke.. oh i also got myself 2 stock yamaha blaster carbs and one kx250 carb. i believe it to be a 34mm all of them mikuni's also brought down my quad tires. i'm going to see if my front hubs off the blaster may go onto the cart. it would have front brakes then :) i'm going at all this because i disabled the governor and the cart just runs out of sh!t it doesn't rev out to get to its top speed.
frankr2994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #17
The kid
Getting Wild

Can you pm me on how that fmf pipe goes ive been wondering about this
The kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #18
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I use amsoil dominator 50:1 & really like it, no smoke at all, and i run it hard.
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha