lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2020, 05:53 PM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Centering new Precedent steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowchiro View Post
So what's the process for the Club Car DS? They only have one drag link on the steering.

My steering wheel is not centered. 1.25 turns to the left and 1.75 turns to the right. I'm guessing I need to adjust the drag link and once there are 1.5 turns each way, re-center the steering wheel by removing it?
Exactly.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2020, 06:23 AM   #22
Stcharlesclubcar
Not Yet Wild

Tahoe dog,

So if my front tires have the correct toe in but my threads showing on the tie rod are not the same should I get the threads equal to each other, then re set the toe in on the tires?

And would it matter what the threads were or just as long as they’re equal?
Stcharlesclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #23
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stcharlesclubcar View Post
Tahoe dog,

So if my front tires have the correct toe in but my threads showing on the tie rod are not the same should I get the threads equal to each other, then re set the toe in on the tires?

And would it matter what the threads were or just as long as they’re equal?
Start with an equal thread count and bring the tie rods either in or out until you get the desired toe while maintaining an equal thread count. If the steering wheel is not at the 12 o clock position after doing this, remove the wheel and put it back on the closest spline to the 12 o clock position and retighten it. If it's still not exactly at 12 o clock, do the "Chase the wheel" method I described to shift your steering wheel over in either directoin. This will cause an uneven thread count and you should only have to do this if there is an imperfection in the steering geometry on either side of the car, but it works.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:08 PM   #24
ccpro
Not Yet Wild

"Take a look at your steering rack. Look at the threads on each side where the ball joint threads on to the rack. You should have equal amount of threads on each side. If you don't. Make them equal. Either run one out, or run one in. Doesn't matter at this point. You can either count the threads, or measure with a tape measure. Just back off of the jam-nut and twist the shaft either into, or out of the ball joints. Don't worry about front end alignment at this point. Just get your threads equal."

You lost me here? I'm having a the same problem. I replaced the lower steering linkage and adjusted my steering wheel. Steering is tight just never centered?
ccpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:55 AM   #25
enfantterrible
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Once you reach the desired toe setting, Put the steering wheel on loosely. With a factory suspension, it will slide right on, in the top dead center 12" position and you won't need to adjust any further. However, with the imperfection of aftermarket lift kits you may have to adjust slightly on one side or the other. Let's say that the wheel is approximately 15 degrees to the right while the vehicle is going in a perfect straight line. This is where I try to explain to the guys at work how I use the "Chase the Wheel" method. You're actually wanting to force the tires in the direction of the steering wheel by adjusting the ball joints. If it's to the right, you'll run the passenger side rack shaft OUT OF the ball joint, and the driver side one INTO the ball joint. This will force both tires to turn RIGHT. Do this Equally in VERY small EVEN increments until the Top Dead Center steering wheel position is reached. Once it's there, Tighten her up and call it a night.
Thanks for this great guide. I've followed it up until the above part. I'm not quite sure what this means. I also have an after-market steering wheel, and the way it's built (with the adapter) makes it impossible to tweak. So I'm hoping to do what you've described above.
enfantterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 06:08 PM   #26
Nick363
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just did this on my cart. I had to replace the inner ball joint on my cart. Worked like a charm! Steering wheel is dead nuts at 12 o’clock. Thanks Tahoe Dawg!
Nick363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car