lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Show off your bumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdub1 View Post
I found this bumper on Ebay. It worked great for a lifted g9 with a winch. These photos are of the test fit and not the final install(not done with the cart yet). let me know if you would like more details.
OUTSTANDING
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #12
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Quote:
This bumber is for a Honda Foreman atv. Go to ebay and look up item number 170716149733. I am sure that the seller will relist it. The price is as cheep as you could ask for( aleast that's what I thought when I ordered mine). I cut off the mounting tabs and bolted it to my home made winch bracket. The only thing different I could of wanted was for it to be a few inches wider. You may or may not want to cut off the tubes that drop below the main part of the bumper, I will decide after my cart is done. Here are some pics of the bumper after I cut the tabs off and bolted it to the bracket. You could use a lare pice of angle as well. Over all, I am very happy with mine. I think it fits the body line of the G2-9 very well. Also fits good with the headlights in the body and has room for 2x5 inch driving lights within the bumper.
Man, I just can't get over how much I like that bumper! And for $59.00? Wow! I did a search on it on Ebay, and at the moment, they are not listing it. They have another that fit that ATV, but not near as cool as that one. I think that would look sweet on G8's too! Here's the one I built. Simple and sturdy. It just doesn't protect the front cowl very well...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1070977.jpg (222.2 KB, 70 views)
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #13
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff4mason View Post
Man, I just can't get over how much I like that bumper! And for $59.00? Wow! I did a search on it on Ebay, and at the moment, they are not listing it. They have another that fit that ATV, but not near as cool as that one. I think that would look sweet on G8's too! Here's the one I built. Simple and sturdy. It just doesn't protect the front cowl very well...
I always did like your bumper Jim. Oh by the way it seems you have a missed call
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #14
sdub1
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mac View Post
Best I ever seen sdub. Fits that body style perfact! Nice job!!!
Thanks for the complement. Even a blind squrrel gets an acorn every now and then.
sdub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
sdub1
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmith87 View Post
Sweet setups sdub and hunter.

How tall is the lift on yours sdub? I only have 2 inches.
My cart has a 6 inch home made lift. I dont see any reason why you could not mount it to your cart. please keep in mind that this is a fairly large bumper (bulkey)for a golf cart, it may look kinda like a snow plow on carts that are not lifted very much (Just my two cents worth). BY THE WAY, even though I have a lot of clearance between the tires and the bumper some people may run into a clearance problem with the wheels turned and suspension compressed. In this case the bumper may need to be moved forward. I hope that this info has helped.

Last edited by sdub1; 11-09-2011 at 11:19 PM.. Reason: wanted to add another coment.
sdub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #16
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf View Post
I always did like your bumper Jim. Oh by the way it seems you have a missed call

Seems I'm not the only one who looks around the room and in garages when looking at pictures.
good catch.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Oh, thanks Caj....I better go through the phone calls from a year ago and see if I can figure out who I missed! Maybe call them back! LMAO! And yep, I check the pictures very carefully prior to posting, to ensure there's nothing I wouldn't want the world to see! Guess a missed call is OK! My bench at the time was like 'where's waldo'? Or, where is that socket?
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff4mason View Post
Oh, thanks Caj....I better go through the phone calls from a year ago and see if I can figure out who I missed! Maybe call them back! LMAO! And yep, I check the pictures very carefully prior to posting, to ensure there's nothing I wouldn't want the world to see! Guess a missed call is OK! My bench at the time was like 'where's waldo'? Or, where is that socket?
glad I'm not the only one that does that
Your work bench maybe where's Waldo but my shop seems to be like that so count yourself lucky
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #19
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Quote:
This bumber is for a Honda Foreman atv. Go to ebay and look up item number 170716149733. I am sure that the seller will relist it. The price is as cheep as you could ask for( aleast that's what I thought when I ordered mine). I cut off the mounting tabs and bolted it to my home made winch bracket. The only thing different I could of wanted was for it to be a few inches wider. You may or may not want to cut off the tubes that drop below the main part of the bumper, I will decide after my cart is done. Here are some pics of the bumper after I cut the tabs off and bolted it to the bracket. You could use a lare pice of angle as well. Over all, I am very happy with mine. I think it fits the body line of the G2-9 very well. Also fits good with the headlights in the body and has room for 2x5 inch driving lights within the bumper.
I see he's raised his price on this a bit. $104 and some change. He's got one for a Grizzly on there as well for $79 plus. I defeniatly love the look of this thing. I may just have to spring for one!
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #20
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Don't have any close-up's, hope you can see them!!!!! These are homemade!!!!

Golf Cart 100.jpg

Golf Cart 076.jpg
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha