lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
dcarfields
Not Yet Wild

Default need alot of help

1st timer I have a 1984 yamaha g1 has no compression .I need help rebuilding where do i start ,parts ect, any sites to help me or can someone walk me through it. thx
dcarfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: need alot of help

Welcome to the site! Click on the site sponsors on the top of the page. A complete top end rebuild would be best for you. It will include a new cylinder,piston rings and all the gaskets you will need. Should cost around 180 dollars. If you need help rebuilding it do a search.... lots of good info on this site.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
dcarfields
Not Yet Wild

thx 4 the info i can use all the help i can get
Old 11-28-2011, 12:08 AM   #4
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This is a good place to get it! There are centuries of experience on this forum (if you add it all together -- not trying to say one person is OLD!) And most people share their knowledge freely.
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
dcarfields
Not Yet Wild

0well thx 4 ur interest I found a rebuild kit @ buggies unlimited 190.00 shipped should I take the old engine apart or wait 4 the parts ? will i need any special tools ?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #6
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

the first thing to do is tear the motor down to see what you need. do not order parts until you know for sure! unless you have a magic wand. for 190 bucks you might get a piston that is smaller than the one init now. you never said what all comes in that ther 190 $ kit. crank bearings perhaps? piston with cylinder maybe? HUMM. if you don't replace crank seals your wasting time & money. there is a reason they go bad. worn crank bearings = leaky seals=no run good=suck dirt into crankcase=mean dirt chew up piston rings right away=no compression. i can only guess whats in your 190$ kit so i would guess that you will yes require specialty type puller tools. any auto parts store should have a sterring wheel puller prolly 20 buh. i just took my engine to the local cart shop and the nice shop guy took his special clutch tool and poped my clutch right off. how easy that was,and didn't cost a thing,except the 115 $ i spent there buying my oem yamaha parts to do a complete rebuild. anyway my two typing fingers are gettin tired, good luck with your rebuild. if its worth doin, do it right. one mans opinion!

Larry
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:38 AM   #7
dcarfields
Not Yet Wild

thx larry, i haven't ordered took apart top end & found rings ok, cylinder a little scarred gaskets bad. probably go replace cylinder,piston rings and gaskets,how do i check my seals ? pls let me know what u think thx again doug
Old 12-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #8
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Check your other thread for my advice on this matter.

Get yourself a repair manual. You will have the answers to most of your questions at your finger tips.

Replace the crankshaft seals. If you don't, you run the risk of burning up your new cylinder due to overheating and poor lubrication caused by air leaks. 2-cycle engines with leaky seals run lean, which causes high combustion temperatures and result in melted pistons and scored cylinders. When you remove the seals you can inspect the crankshaft bearings. If they are OK you can install new seals and just do the top end as planned. If the crank bearings are bad you will have to dig deeper.

Relevant links:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...tting-old.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...problem-2.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-rebuilds.html
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha