lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
In2ice
Not Yet Wild

Default Cluch sheave...should I do it myself?

I'm considering changing my fixed, sliding sheave and spring with higher performance ones. My sliding sheave just shattered on my tonight so I need to replace it. I figured since it needed to be replaced I may as well do the entire secondary. Is it an easy do it yourself project or should I have my local Yami service shop do it. It is for a G22. I didn't know if the spring was difficult to remove or replace or if any special tools were needed. I just have the basic tools and basic mechanical knowledge. Any info, tips or pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Allan
In2ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Cluch sheave...should I do it myself?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...tructions.html

Paw around the stickies for a lot of good info.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Cluch sheave...should I do it myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2ice View Post
I'm considering changing my fixed, sliding sheave and spring with higher performance ones. My sliding sheave just shattered on my tonight so I need to replace it. I figured since it needed to be replaced I may as well do the entire secondary. Is it an easy do it yourself project or should I have my local Yami service shop do it. It is for a G22. I didn't know if the spring was difficult to remove or replace or if any special tools were needed. I just have the basic tools and basic mechanical knowledge. Any info, tips or pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Allan

If you are interested and it will work I have both sheaves, spring and all off of my 01 Yamaha G 20. It worked great when I took it off a few months ago.
Make me an offer, anything I get for the parts will be donated to BGW Forum.
I will box it and del. it to ups or usps for nothing. The only charges will be for shipping only.
I do have alot of other stock parts if needed, same deal on anything I've got.
If you need to I can be reached at 423- five four two- 8214 night's and 423- eight nine five-0244.

Thanks LURCH!!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha