lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Default Will 2 diff. A-arms cause front end to sag?

I have a Yamaha G9 that has 2 different A-arms on the front, round on the passenger side and more of a boxed type on the drivers side. It has been like this since I purchased it years ago, and it has always sagged more on the boxed side than the other. Also the steering arm is extremely close to the tire on the boxed side. So I assume that the G9 used more than one style A-arm or it might be from another interchangeable cart but could one maybe sit just a little higher than the other??
SlurpJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Will 2 diff. A-arms cause front end to sag?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think all factory Yamaha golf carts used round a arms. But yes the two different a arms are not correct. Take a pic and post it here for verification.
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I believe my G9 has the stamped style a arms.I thought someone had said in another post that the G2 had tubular arms?I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackel440 View Post
I believe my G9 has the stamped style a arms.I thought someone had said in another post that the G2 had tubular arms?I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.
It think you are right, I have a G9 (and seen others) with stamped and worked on a G2 with round. Likely they replaced it at one time I think otherwise they are very similar but not knowing if they are exact interchanges.

The sagging is from worn out shocks not the arms. There are also two different shocks or possibly replacements are different. The one has a spring wound very close together so they near touch at compression, the other spring they are maybe finger width apart. Carts I am talking about were bought 7yr old from a GC so they should be stock springs. Both G9 forget what was on the G2. Anyway the shock with the larger spring wound close together seems to sag more, and that cart was 1yr newer. The A arms stock are level.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yamahas' are noted for left-lean.Since they have independent front-ends,the left-side is loaded all the time with a driver,so the shock/spring get more abuse than the right-side.If you unhook both shocks,jack up the cart until the A-Arms are level,the shock-mount distance should be equal.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

I'll post up some decent pics when I get home from work, hopefully that will help shed some light on the subject.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It is possible the spindle height or something is different, hard to say. I cut my arms and rewelded them to lift the cart....they are far from level now lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #8
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Here's some pics to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0125.jpg (78.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0126.jpg (73.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0128.jpg (91.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0129.jpg (84.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-23-2012, 01:19 AM   #9
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Also you can see where the steering arm on the pass. side is probably 1/2" from the tire and on the drivers side it actually rubs the tire, doesn't look bent or anything any ideas why?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #10
johndgjr
Not Yet Wild

My g9 has stamped arms on both sides. I had trouble with sag on both sides. I had to change the bushings on both sides and that helped a little bit. I read on here somewhere about spindles on the wrong side. Tried switching sides and that fixed the problem. Apparently someone before me got them mixed up. On the steering arms, have you checked the wheel offset to see if they are the same. good luck.
johndgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha