lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
jlind4522
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 G9 crank-no start

Ok I need some more help.
I had my cart running and it stalled, acted like ran out of gas, now will crank but not start, slight backfire sometimes when cranking. I have fuel flow and spark.. I am at a loss. Any guidance would be apprecciatted.
Jeff
jlind4522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: 94 G9 crank-no start

Could be a number of things. Start with all tune up items first. Make sure your carb is adjusted correctly, throttle opening and closing correctly in conjunction with the gas pedal. Check to make sure there are no air leaks with the air box, spacer between carb and intake, etc... Also check your fuel lines for any cracks especially the one running to the back of the engine which helps feed fuel to the carb. You might also check the fuel filter in the bottom of the tank to make sure it is not stopped up. They are notorious for this since they are located in the bottom of the tank. Make sure your plug isn't fowled. NGK plugs are usually no good after they fowl one time.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
jlind4522
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 94 G9 crank-no start

Just figured it out, found bad ground. thanks for the info
jlind4522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha