lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
4LAFFS
Not Yet Wild

Default 94-2001 rack and pinion problems

I have a 99 EZ GO with the rack and pinion. Thanks to my 9 year old I had to replace the rack and pinion. I didn't have any trouble getting to it and taking it apart. The issue I have is now that it's in, I can't line up the pinion with the rack. I think it is all suppose to be flush but I can't get the pinion all the way down. I've tried to turn the rack but I can't get it to work correctly. Shouldn't the pinion be flush the box? I've tried to look for pictures but I can't find an manual or pictures. What is the best way to install the rack and make it line up with the steering gear?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0278.jpg (216.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0277.jpg (205.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by 4LAFFS; 06-08-2012 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Poor grammar
4LAFFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
maintenance, troubleshoot and repair
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO