lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #31
seanmuldoon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 EZ GO consumes batteries

The PDS jumper is red, which I believe is Freedom. IT beeps four time when put in diagnostic mode.

It does seem to roll just fine when pushed by hand. It tows easily enough (unfortunately I get to do that regularly right now)

The tires are 18X8.50, I haven't checked inflation recently, so I don't recall exactly, but they look OK. I will check that this afternoon.

I have not done a good job of checking for hot wires, I will do that today also. All of the battery interconnects are new. I will check the dc current draw before the controller, and try to check it after, (difficult with tough access)
seanmuldoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmuldoon View Post
The PDS jumper is red, which I believe is Freedom. IT beeps four time when put in diagnostic mode.

It does seem to roll just fine when pushed by hand. It tows easily enough (unfortunately I get to do that regularly right now)

The tires are 18X8.50, I haven't checked inflation recently, so I don't recall exactly, but they look OK. I will check that this afternoon.

I have not done a good job of checking for hot wires, I will do that today also. All of the battery interconnects are new. I will check the dc current draw before the controller, and try to check it after, (difficult with tough access)

I hope you are putting the R/T switch in Tow when you are doing that.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #33
seanmuldoon
Not Yet Wild

I have forgotten once, but normally yes. Fortunately the tow for me is only about 40 yards up the last steep hill. Then it is all downhill to my parking garage. Will that once cause damage? And could that be part of my problem? I am not sure about the previous owner.
seanmuldoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #34
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmuldoon View Post
I have forgotten once, but normally yes. Fortunately the tow for me is only about 40 yards up the last steep hill. Then it is all downhill to my parking garage. Will that once cause damage? And could that be part of my problem? I am not sure about the previous owner.
Towing with the Run/Tow switch in Run does two things:
1. It can kill the controller, or make it do all sorts of strange things.
2. It can hit the battery pack with an extremely high charge rate. (Regen Barking is at max when cart is towed/pushed in the Run mode)

Something else to check for is bare wires where they are routed around the battery box. See attachment.

BTW - Four beeps is Freedom mode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Worn field wire insulation.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO